Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So went to Moab this weekend - Stock rims and tires. Stock tires should not seem to grab at all. Could not get up waterfall at all - ended up being only machine using Winch pint!!

Couple question:

- Has anyone had real good success with stock? If so, any suggestions?

- Im thinking of switching to a beadlock and running Tusk Terrabites so I can air way down, anyone tried the terrabites?

·
Premium Member
621 Posts
I have the terrabites and love them. Great grip on the rocks imho.
I don't have the kevlar ones though, I bought mine before the kevlar was available.
BTW...I crawled right up waterfall this spring with the terrabites.

·
Aspiring Perfectionist
3,083 Posts
Terrabites are a great all around tire, still good on the rocks, and more friendly everywhere else than, crawl specific tire like the Roxxzilla. I’ve seen terrabites have great success in Moab, Crawler XG’s, & X-Rox DD’s do great as well.

(That’s my short reply lol, Tires can open a huge cab of worms, with every different opinion from every angle)

Sent from my iPhone using RZRForums.net

·
Registered
73 Posts
I am heading out there and will be running a bone stock Turbo S, tires and all. probably not trying anything too challenging. Mainly going to do some cycling. One day I hope to go with a group and try the more challenging stuff.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't have the kevlar ones though, I bought mine before the kevlar was available.
I just spun and slid accross the face, no grip. Thanks - think im gonna run those.

What air pressure were you running?

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Terrabites are a great all around tire, still good on the rocks, and more friendly everywhere else than, crawl specific tire like the Roxxzilla. I’ve seen terrabites have great success in Moab, Crawler XG’s, & X-Rox DD’s do great as well.

(That’s my short reply lol, Tires can open a huge cab of worms, with every different opinion from every angle)

Thanks, Ya I'm looking for something good all round type, we ride mountains more - do moab and Sand Hollow about twice a year each

·
Premium Member
621 Posts
I just spun and slid accross the face, no grip. Thanks - think im gonna run those.

What air pressure were you running?
8 PSI if I remember correctly.
I have beadlocks too. Highly recommend them for rock crawling. I didn't have beadlocks my first time at Moab and blew a tire off the bead. Fortunately a fellow rider had some starting fluid and we blew the tire back on the rim.

·
Registered
9 Posts
So went to Moab this weekend - Stock rims and tires. Stock tires should not seem to grab at all. Could not get up waterfall at all - ended up being only machine using Winch pint!!

Couple question:

- Im thinking of switching to a beadlock and running Tusk Terrabites so I can air way down, anyone tried the terrabites?

I went to Moab in April and seemed to have decent luck with stock. My XP4 did Fins and Hell's Revenge with little to no problem. I did however switch recently to Terrabite's and STI HD 5'S and love them. My home riding spot is Hidden Falls Adventure Park here in TX and it is solid ROCK! I found the Terrabite's with about 8-10psi are awesome, here is a pic of what I typically ride out there.

Attachments

·
Registered
73 Posts
I just got back from a week of Moab trails. Perfect weather. I had no issues with the stock coyotes gripping going up or down some major pucker slick rock. I am sure there are places they wont quite work, but I see no reason to replace them before going back.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I run 32" crawler XG's on beadlocks at 8psi. Had a fellow turbo driver tell me in moab last month, he thought I was still a bit high, and suggested I go down to 5. I feel my machine did pretty well at 8, and i was still able to ride the highway back to camp. I think 5 might be pushing my luck! But Now Id like to step up to 35's, and kind of have my eye on the super atv XT Warrior slikrok editions. Anyone run these?

https://www.superatv.com/xt-warrior-tires-slikrok-edition

Sent from my SM-G892U using Tapatalk

·
Aspiring Perfectionist
3,083 Posts
I run 32" crawler XG's on beadlocks at 8psi. Had a fellow turbo driver tell me in moab last month, he thought I was still a bit high, and suggested I go down to 5. I feel my machine did pretty well at 8, and i was still able to ride the highway back to camp. I think 5 might be pushing my luck! But Now Id like to step up to 35's, and kind of have my eye on the super atv XT Warrior slikrok editions. Anyone run these?

https://www.superatv.com/xt-warrior-tires-slikrok-edition

Yup :grin just mounted up a set of 34x10x14 stickies, started a review thread in the wheels/tires sub forum on them, I don’t have much time on them yet, but they seem like they’re going to be an excellent all around tire and phenomenal on the rocks

I ran 32” Crawler XG’s at 10 psi all over Moab, I think 8-10 is really the sweet spot, running my new ones at 10 too, I have seen guys run down to 3psi on some tires tho... I feel that’s excessive and you start giving up traction, I still have plenty of sidewall flex at 10, so I’m gonna stay there...especially on a sticky compound

-Give it a second... it had to go to space and back first ( Sent from the lifeline that is my iPhone XS Max )

·
Registered
83 Posts

Couple question:

I went to Moab in April and seemed to have decent luck with stock. My XP4 did Fins and Hell's Revenge with little to no problem. I did however switch recently to Terrabite's and STI HD 5'S and love them. My home riding spot is Hidden Falls Adventure Park here in TX and it is solid ROCK! I found the Terrabite's with about 8-10psi are awesome, here is a pic of what I typically ride out there.

I have a turbo s and I ran stick tires out there with absolutely no problem

·
Registered
219 Posts

SuperATV XT Warrior Tires - SlikRok Edition

Do you have a turbo machine? because I do not and I am really trying to decide if I want to move up to the 32 in crawlers. I am in low more often than high but worried I might open the can of worms into clutching and i dont want to do that. also looking at the XT warrior but they are like 7 or 8 pounds more per tire. That adds up quick. even the 30 inch tire weighs 47 pounds compared to the xgs 39 pounds. the RT atleast doesnt weigh as much but of the few reviews it seems like the sidewalls are kind of week and guys are cutting them easily.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Do you have a turbo machine? because I do not and I am really trying to decide if I want to move up to the 32 in crawlers. I am in low more often than high but worried I might open the can of worms into clutching and i dont want to do that. also looking at the XT warrior but they are like 7 or 8 pounds more per tire. That adds up quick. even the 30 inch tire weighs 47 pounds compared to the xgs 39 pounds. the RT atleast doesnt weigh as much but of the few reviews it seems like the sidewalls are kind of week and guys are cutting them easily.
Sorry, Been banned from the computer, after having eye surgery... I do have a turbo, but I dont think you would have any problems with a 1k. I ran my 80hp "kid/valet tune" and loved it. I did do a gear reduction though, to what I believe is the 2016 gearing. I couldnt go back down below a 32. My gf ended up getting a 2019 turbo S, and we are now both running the 35" warriors for crawling, and will run the 32's for running trails.

·
Registered
41 Posts

Couple question:

Airing down makes a huge difference in traction, not saying different tires won't perform better, but maybe throw on some beadlocks then see how the coyotes do before spending more money on tires...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts