Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Mini trophy truck for the desert and dune guys but I don’t see it getting real popular east coast.

I know he has gotten a lot of peoples money and honestly I don’t think the cars are even close to being production ready. Seems things are still changing week to week. With changes there should come testing. I thought they were supposed to be in full production months ago?
I mean stop worrying about ratchet straps, tool kits, and cargo boxes and start getting them out there for people.

I did see some different videos from people at glamis when they were there. From the videos I seen I have to say I wasn’t impressed with what I saw. All the hype that they are fabricating I figured It would have more of a WOW factor.

I believe like anything they are gonna have first year issues that will need worked out.

·
Registered
‘19 XP4T - Madigan cage/doors, Eibach springs, 32” bfg’s, PRP seats/harnesses, etc. etc.
119 Posts
Never gonna be able to get parts. I’ll pass
i agree. I first saw one of the prototypes at sand show a couple years ago and it looked awesome. I really debated on putting a down on one since I was in the market for my first sxs. But not knowing when they would be ready, where I would get repairs done, how quickly I would get parts, etc etc. it made getting my Rzr a no brainer. I’m sure when they come out they will be legit but I’m sure there will be problems as well. One thing is for sure, it would of sucked missing this desert season with covid going on and still be waiting on the car to be ready. I’m happy with my choice haha

·
researching a rzr xp 1k 4
322 Posts
Does anybody have thoughts on Robby Gordon’s new UTV?

Sent from my iPhone using RZRForums.net
Looking back I remember Robby Gordon had a polaris rzr edition, howd that partnership go? Most recently a Textron Wildcat XX car that he designed no better. His cars seem to flop. With all his patents on the XX everyone shy'd away and gave no aftermarket support. Hence the reason for failure. The XX is such a flop that bass pro shops sells it as the tracker xtr1000 at a 2k lesser price tag than artic cat. Ha.
The speed car is such a cool car with so many neat ideas and tech but I dont see it taking over the industry. It's still not in production like it was suppose to be. And I'll guarantee there will be lots for the new owners to test out for speed.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Reactions: Sandman88

·
Registered
6,689 Posts
An awesome buy for what you get. I would take one over any other SxS. It's like a class 10 desert car for recreation(y)
I agree 100 % .I placed the order for one last year, because I really wanted something different than is offer from Polaris, Can Am and rest of the SxS manufacturer.

·
Registered
6,689 Posts
Is there an ETA for the finished models?
Last information I get is plan to make 1000 El Jeffe and 500 El Diablo this year. Majority of pre orders they get are for 4 seater El Jeffe. But if they will be made in this shitty Covid times is the big question.....I think big set back was not possible to get engines ready to run, Yamaha was not interested to sell turbo engines used in snowmobiles and Suzuki lost tooling in the Tsunami Japan had while back and can not modify Z 1 engine for him to be under 1000 cc .

·
The Lone Rzr
3,967 Posts
They are being built in Texas from what we have been told. Parts and suppliers are from everywhere probably. Hisun is the manufacturing partner and is the Chinese company who probably has a stake in the car, since they are assembling it.

·
Registered
6,689 Posts
They are being built in Texas from what we have been told. Parts and suppliers are from everywhere probably. Hisun is the manufacturing partner and is the Chinese company who probably has a stake in the car, since they are assembling it.
Yeah, Robby have a connection to Hisun his son Max was driving in their 250 cc UTV on some races .
Teammates Max Gordon and Brodie Aikins Take 2nd and 3rd place at-the AZOP Havasu Havoc Grand Prix in HISUN Strike 250’s. | Hisun Motors | McKinney, Texas

1 - 20 of 55 Posts