Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 800 2012 - 50" and want to gain ground clearance without going much wider.
Already have RT 2" lift -WE shocks w/RT med springs
1.5" forward a-arms on order.
Are there draw backs to just running spacers on stock crusher rims to clear the motor mount?
On 28" and up tires is a 4-3 offset enough to clear the motor mount with 10, 11, 12" wide tires.
Is it true that you get more sidewall problems with tires on 14" rims than if you run 12" with the same tire.
I have read every thread on here about this and have not come up with definitive answers in regards to the 800 (weeks of reading /information over load)

·
Registered
84 Posts
Here's my opinion on a couple things.
I am planning to add spacers to my crusher rims to clear the mount and add a little width, I can't see any issues with that.
It does make sence that you may encounter more trouble with 14"rims as that gives you less sidewall, less rubber to flex around obstacles and be stiffer possibly getting bumped off the bead.

·
Premium Member
8,864 Posts
My $.02

I run 4+3 offset wheels, 12x7 front and 12x8 rear with 26.5x9 front and 26.5x11 rear Pitbulls.I also have the Racertech 2" and I am 56' wide.

The spacers are ok as well. the 14" wheels will increase you chances of a sidewall cut due to less sidewall "flex". Alot of people here run the 14" with no problems. It really comes down to a personal choice I guess. Here in Colorado I wanted the 12" just in case. BTW, Tire pressure has alot to do with it as well.

·
Registered
551 Posts
I joined the 14" bandwagon a few years ago and from my experience all they offer is looks. Recently went back to a 12" and the ride is much better. Same held true on my 07 Ram. Bought it with a 4" lift, 20's, and 35's. Rode like crap. Added Rancho RS9000 shocks which helped a little. Went back to a 17" rim/35" tire and the ride greatly improved. I'm running 4/3 offset and still needed spacers to clear in the rear with 30" mambas. You might be fine running a 10/11x28" but 12 will probably need spacers.

·
Supporting Vendor
2,512 Posts
As stated the debate over 12 vs 14 inch wheels is a lot of what look you are going for. The 12 inch wheel will give you a softer ride as there is more sidewall on a 12 inch tire over a 14 inch tire. We see more sidewall pinches with a 14 inch tire as well.

As stated you will be fine with 10 and 11 inch wide tires but may have some rubbing with a 12 inch.

Let us know if we can be of assistance.

·
Registered
125 Posts
My $.02

I run 4+3 offset wheels, 12x7 front and 12x8 rear with 26.5x9 front and 26.5x11 rear Pitbulls.I also have the Racertech 2" and I am 56' wide.

The spacers are ok as well. the 14" wheels will increase you chances of a sidewall cut due to less sidewall "flex". Alot of people here run the 14" with no problems. It really comes down to a personal choice I guess. Here in Colorado I wanted the 12" just in case. BTW, Tire pressure has alot to do with it as well.
Rick, do you have to run spacers in the rear with your setup? I just went from a 14" rim with 26" bighorns to a 12" rim with 26.5 pitbull rockers. My offsets on both rims were the same. With my 14" rim with the 26" bighorns i did not have to run wheel spacers. Now i just put my 12" rim on with the same offset and the 26.5" rockers and the rear tire wouldnt even spin, it was hitting the motor mount so bad. I think it has alot to do with the bigger size lugs of the rockers. I had to get 2" spacers and now i clear it. It looks like i clear it by a mile when she is sitting flat on the ground, but when you jack it up and the rims/tires come off the ground, thats when i have only have a 1/2" clearance from the motor mount. So without the spacers i would have to keep all 4 wheels on the ground and we all know,,,, That aint fun! haha:hat1:

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Well it looks like my best choice are Interco Swamplite tires so it looks like my option are:
28x10 or 29.5x10 for 12" rim on all four corners using a 4-3 offset rim but in 14" rim by 28" looks like I can get 9" front 11" rear.
From what has been posted that offset with a 10" or 11" tire should clear the motor mount.
Are there any drawbacks running 10" on all four???
Still have to decide on 12 or 14 inch rim and what brand and 28" or 29.5" tire.
Have not been able to find any supporting vendors that carry the 28 and 29.5 Swamplites if there are any drop me a message please so I can try to support the vendors that support this forum.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Peter58- I gained height without width by moving the motor mount forward, its not difficult. I also have a 2012 50" and clear 27x12x12 mudlites on the stock steel wheels. This setup works real well.:redrzr:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts