Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
8,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 26.5 rockers and this weekend I had a split in the rim protector right at the rim and got a flat. No damage from hitting anything on the rim or tire. i was going fast and doing some mild jumping down a slightly rocky trail. I carry weight in the back and think this might have caused a "pinch" of the rim protector. I have only about 800 miles on them and still have the rubber "tits" on the side of the tires. I run 6 psi
Anyone else have this happen to them with the Pitbulls??
I have a warranty from Discount Tire and will get a new one, but it sucks!!

·
Banned
8,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No I have Vision 159's

Weird thing is it split outward not into the tire.

I.E. like you lay a knife flat across the rim and push out. Not a sideways split pushing from outside to inside like if it was a puncture if this makes sense.

·
Banned
8,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have had mine down to 4 with no problems on this trail before. just wierd. i like the flex at 6 and thought it would have done something else. Especially sinse i ran it flat back to the truck and it didnt pop either side of the bead off of the rim, the sidewall is definately strong enough! I am leaning twards a bad rim guard to begin with. my Visions are not beadlocks and being aluminum, they are "wider" at the bead than stockers.

·
Banned
8,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Got my new tire today and a new road hazard warranty!
New tire for $21= NO F*%@&n Brainer!! Thank you Discount tire!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts