Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Noticed my my rear right tire was nearly flat the other day. Upon filling it up with air an sumerging it in my pool, I discovered tjny air bubbles along various parts of the rim. From all indications that Ive read on tire leaks, it looks like I need to break it down, clean the bead and rim and remount it. I ride in alot of sand and am wondering if it may have lodged in there causing the small leaks.
Any ideas? My first tire problem with my 26" swamp lites.

·
Registered
117 Posts
It is my experience that small pebbles and other debris including small sticks that work their way into the rim bead interface area. This causes leaks and you fix it by breaking down the tire and cleaning the rim and tire bead. Only thing I know to stop it is bead locks. The Pitbull tires have a recessed bead and that my help but I don’t have experience with these tires. My son races sport quads and this happens all the time on the fronts we run rear bead locks.

·
Registered
117 Posts
The harder you ride the more it will happen. I have some wood in one of my RZR rims now and its just a matter of time before it works in and starts a leak (450 miles).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts