Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright guys my plan went up in smoke after the new year. I had asked for the Ridgid tool box for Christmas and was going to get the Isota bracket for it. Isota has closed shop unfortunately. I know that Big Hammer makes brackets also but they seem to be a bit spendy for a flat piece of metal. Does anyone else have a bracket made for the Ridgid tool boxes? I have a 2019 XP1k that it will need to fit. Thanks I’m advance.

Sent from my iPhone using RZRForums.net

·
Aspiring Perfectionist
3,370 Posts
Alright guys my plan went up in smoke after the new year. I had asked for the Ridgid tool box for Christmas and was going to get the Isota bracket for it. Isota has closed shop unfortunately. I know that Big Hammer makes brackets also but they seem to be a bit spendy for a flat piece of metal. Does anyone else have a bracket made for the Ridgid tool boxes? I have a 2019 XP1k that it will need to fit. Thanks I’m advance.

Down To Fabricate is the other place I know of.

Remember that it might only be a piece of metal, but there was some design & build time that goes into it to, and those guys don't sell huge quantities so they have to keep the margin a little higher. I have the BHF mounts for my cooler and they work very well. BHF does usually take about 2 weeks to ship tho, just FYI, i don't have any experience with DTF.

·
Registered
520 Posts
when i came up with the Rigid Toolbox setup, i was using a ratchet strap to hold it down. then Isota came out with a mount solution for it. I bought one and mounting it was easy.
THEN
when it came time to remove the box, it was awkward getting it out from between the roll bars with the Isota mount.
my box had grown overtime and was heavy. so removing it was a bitch. i had also added the upper small box and came up with a more secure way of keeping the upper inplace without the strap.
i am very tempted to removing the Isota mount and going back to the ratchet strap.
so if your the type that always removes the toolbox, IMO you'll grow to not like the WINGS on your box. especially if the box is heavy.
(EDIT)
here is what i added on both sides to keep the upper secured other than what Rigid provides

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
when i came up with the Rigid Toolbox setup, i was using a ratchet strap to hold it down. then Isota came out with a mount solution for it. I bought one and mounting it was easy.
THEN
when it came time to remove the box, it was awkward getting it out from between the roll bars with the Isota mount.
my box had grown overtime and was heavy. so removing it was a bitch. i had also added the upper small box and came up with a more secure way of keeping the upper inplace without the strap.
i am very tempted to removing the Isota mount and going back to the ratchet strap.
so if your the type that always removes the toolbox, IMO you'll grow to not like the WINGS on your box. especially if the box is heavy.
(EDIT)
here is what i added on both sides to keep the upper secured other than what Rigid provides
View attachment 643820
I like the extra piece to keep the top box on. Did you have issues with the standard bar that Ridgid uses not being sufficient?

·
Registered
520 Posts
Did you have issues with the standard bar that Ridgid uses not being sufficient?
i've never driven it without the extra supports. all the bouncing and rough trails we go on, I've felt that extra security was best.
they have never moved or lost grip.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I knew they weren’t going to be available for long. I bought one before I even had my RZR.

I may, may, be ditching mine. My riding expectations have changed a little with the Turbo S, so I might not need the extra storage.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I like the extra piece to keep the top box on. Did you have issues with the standard bar that Ridgid uses not being sufficient?

while we don’t have a lot of miles with the set up, in ~250 miles we haven’t had any issues with the smaller ridgid box coming loose while using just the ridgid lock & go “bars”.

Granted, we don’t have much weight in it, so maybe that helps. Goggles, some extra gloves, face masks, hand & feet warmers, and individual size chip bags.
Removing the box is a little bit of a pain, but I feel it’s easier to deal with removal when cleaning or service vs needing to remove straps every time you may way to get into the boxes (top or bottom).

I believe it is BHF that just released a bracket that only secures the ridgid box, but is not mounted to the box to make removal easier. Just loosen the lock and ride hardware, slide the brackets back and remove the ridgid box.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
while we don’t have a lot of miles with the set up, in ~250 miles we haven’t had any issues with the smaller ridgid box coming loose while using just the ridgid lock & go “bars”.

Granted, we don’t have much weight in it, so maybe that helps. Goggles, some extra gloves, face masks, hand & feet warmers, and individual size chip bags.
Removing the box is a little bit of a pain, but I feel it’s easier to deal with removal when cleaning or service vs needing to remove straps every time you may way to get into the boxes (top or bottom).

I believe it is BHF that just released a bracket that only secures the ridgid box, but is not mounted to the box to make removal easier. Just loosen the lock and ride hardware, slide the brackets back and remove the ridgid box.
I did see their new style bracket that you referred too. I’d really love to hear from someone that is using that new style. Without the bracket being actually bolted to the box I’m concerned that there will be a lot of movement that will in short time wear off the “ribs” of the box. If it does wear out the ribs then I’m back to buying a new box and a new bracket. Trying to just make the correct decision first time around.

·
Registered
520 Posts
if someone can fabricate hinges on that bracket to make it fold up and out of they way, or make it a 2 part system, they'll have my business.
the ribs on my box hasn't worn down at all and the box stays put. even with all the weight i have in it.
your left with customizing your own storage, aftermarket or polaris's version if you like clean and expensive

·
Registered
94 Posts
I did see their new style bracket that you referred too. I’d really love to hear from someone that is using that new style. Without the bracket being actually bolted to the box I’m concerned that there will be a lot of movement that will in short time wear off the “ribs” of the box. If it does wear out the ribs then I’m back to buying a new box and a new bracket. Trying to just make the correct decision first time around.

Understand the concern and hesitation to try the new style bracket.

As long as the brackets were installed tight, it seems like it should work without any issues....

Hopefully we will have a few reviews in the next couple months.

·
Registered
94 Posts
if someone can fabricate hinges on that bracket to make it fold up and out of they way, or make it a 2 part system, they'll have my business.
the ribs on my box hasn't worn down at all and the box stays put. even with all the weight i have in it.
your left with customizing your own storage, aftermarket or polaris's version if you like clean and expensive
Do you have the new style brackets from BHF that just “hold” the ridgid box in place without being bolted to it?

·
Registered
520 Posts
i do not... have a link??

·
Premium Member
75 Posts
I just made a set for mine recently. I almost gave in and bought the Isota but since they went out of business I didnt have much of a choice. I did a little CAD work first of course and then made the first pair out of some thin sheet metal and then the final set from some 14 gauge I had laying around. I wasn't sure if it would be thick enough, but after bending it I think it will be fine. Really holds the Rigid box in their well.

Attachments

·
Registered
520 Posts
great enginuity.
issue i ran into with Isota or any fixed mount was that when i need to remove the box, and its heavy, its a pain and awkward to remove it from the bed.
good work btw

·
Premium Member
75 Posts
Yeah I have the same issue. It was so hard to get in that I haven't taken it out since. I will take some weight out of it before I attempt to take it out.

·
Registered
616 Posts
I just leave mine on there I only have to take it off to change the oil on a regular basis so it's not that bad really. Now if I have to get in there to work on something yea but how often does one need to take it off? My cooler comes off easy so it dont stay on there. I have the BHF mounts and they come loose sometimes but how hard is it to tighten them when you get off for a break?

·
Registered
94 Posts
i do not... have a link??

·
Registered
115 Posts
    I wasn’t happy with any of the mounts that were available so I fabbed up my own. Super solid and removes in seconds.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Why the heck dont they have lime squeeze as a finish?! Dangit.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts