Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if I should have put this in suspension or tires and wheels. Looking for the best ride possible for my xp4 900. Got the revalue done for my WE shocks which did make a big difference. Would I get a better ride with bighorns since I can air them down or mongrels? I know on the mongrels you have to run higher air pressure. Not sure how big of a difference that would make the ride? Would I also get a better ride with the smaller wheels/tires (lighter?). The two set ups I have are 28x10x14 mongrels on method beadlocks and stock bighorns 26x12x12 rear and 26x9x12 front on Diablo beadlocks.

·
Go Big or Go Home!
1,653 Posts
first off where and how do you ride? going slow generally airing down is alright to a point but at higher speeds airing down means side wall issues for sure. Higher pressure does ride rougher.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I know nothing about desert riding, Im in Kentucky with trails and rocks. I know people like or hate a given tire for their own reasons so here's mine. When I went to Big Horns, I thought I had upgraded my suspension. The flex in the sidewall (which others don't like) absorbs shock tremendously. I don't think I will ever own another tire. In the process of getting 30x10x14's all the way around on my xp900

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
We run 11 in all 4 out in rocatillo hard pac miles of whoop s

1 - 7 of 7 Posts