Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On a Turbo R Ultimate what mode do you put it in to measure ride height? Manual calls for 2.9" of preload and my front is 6" no wonder my front is low.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My current measurements. Buggy is in comfort mode with machine running. 16" ground clearance at front, 14.75" at rear and that's with 35" tires which measure 34"

Front: 1 = .375
Front 2 = 6"
Rear: 1 = 6.375
Rear: 2= 5.75"

·
Premium Member
750 Posts
Polaris website calls for 16" ground clearance on stock 32" tires. I would adjust until proper ride height is achieved. You will need to delta approximately 2"+ for the oversized tires. So 18" + ground clearance in your case. If you are not able to achieve proper ride height and stay within the max allowable pre-load, something is wrong. Not sure if the factory springs are any better on your new model Turbo R. In past years, the stock springs were junk and started to quickly sag thus ride height and pre-load settings were quickly out the window.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Polaris website calls for 16" ground clearance on stock 32" tires. I would adjust until proper ride height is achieved. You will need to delta approximately 2"+ for the oversized tires. So 18" + ground clearance in your case. If you are not able to achieve proper ride height and stay within the max allowable pre-load, something is wrong. Not sure if the factory springs are any better on your new model Turbo R. In past years, the stock springs were junk and started to quickly sag thus ride height and pre-load settings were quickly out the window.
I got a spring compressor from Amazon so I will give it a go this weekend. I will set preload at max according to Polaris and if it suits me then move the crossover ring to where it's supposed to be

·
Premium Member
750 Posts
If you do not have room for the spring compressor, this is how I do it with three ratchet straps. I bolt the shock/spring down to my welding table.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts