Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed a set of used MT springs on my 2009 S. My ride height before installation was 10 3/4" in the front and 10" in the rear measured at the skid plate in the center of the car. After the install with the springs set at zero pre-load and driving the RZR around the yard I gained 2" up front but my rear ride height stayed at 10". Any suggestions? I hate to put pre-load into the springs and stiffen the ride but the whole idea was to re-gain lost ride height by installing these.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Same here...I do carry a bit of gear in the bed box but I only gained about 1/2-3/4" with the spring change (225lb front/ 250lb rear spring rates). I did go up on the pre-load to get more G.C. but it did increase the harshness of the ride quality over small bumps. I compensate, where terrain allows, by dropping a couple of lbs. of air pressure in the tires.

·
Premium Member
16,003 Posts
i have makin trax springs
on my standard 250 lbs on the rear
i added 1/2" pre load on my wers
that took of care of g/c 11"
it did not effect the ride quaility,

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
I only gained about 1/2-3/4" with the spring change (225lb front/ 250lb rear spring rates). I did go up on the pre-load to get more G.C. but it did increase the harshness of the ride quality over small bumps .
Just making sure you posted right ... 225lbs for the front springs ?? That's twice the stock spring rate .... :think:

·
Registered
3,733 Posts
I ended-up with 13+ inches in front with 1-turn of pre-load, and 13+ inches in the rear with 1-inch of pre-load; I really like the additional G/C.

Cheers

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Brian,

I'll check this p.m. but I looked at them last week and I thought they were 200F/225R but IIRC they were labelled 225F/250R to my surprise.

·
poorbuthappy
401 Posts
225 front and 250 rear is the basic set up Steve sold. i had the racer tech lift in the front and he recommended 200, ended up with the 225 fronts. sits front end high with the springs just snug.

·
Registered
2,596 Posts
Got to 11 1/2 on my std, but have a 1/2" skid system there also, so if I had stock skids looks like it would be a good 2" above stock ride height.

Sitting waiting today for a new set of WER shocks. :liebe069:

Can't wait to strip those springs off those terrible sachs shocks and slap 'em on the newbies.

:ride:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts