Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
294 Posts
After attending the Off Road Expo this past weekend and talking to the people at the rugged radio's booth I finally got my 660 with a bluetooth module to pair to my ride command. I tried several times with no success before. I had to do it in a certain order to get the ride command to recognize the intercom.

First step is to make sure nothing else is paired to the ride command. You actually have to go into your phone, ipad, or whatever is connected and tell it to disconnect.

2nd step is turn on your intercom and then turn on the bluetooth adapter.

3rd step is to go into the ride command and select pair headsets. This step may have to be done a few times. Once the ride command finds the rugged radio intercom select pair and then you will be able to hear music through your headsets.

Once the intercom is paired you can then turn whatever source you are using back on and you should be able to hear through the headsets.

I tried this several times before I got it to work

·
researching a rzr xp 1k 4
278 Posts
After attending the Off Road Expo this past weekend and talking to the people at the rugged radio's booth I finally got my 660 with a bluetooth module to pair to my ride command. I tried several times with no success before. I had to do it in a certain order to get the ride command to recognize the intercom.

First step is to make sure nothing else is paired to the ride command. You actually have to go into your phone, ipad, or whatever is connected and tell it to disconnect.

2nd step is turn on your intercom and then turn on the bluetooth adapter.

3rd step is to go into the ride command and select pair headsets. This step may have to be done a few times. Once the ride command finds the rugged radio intercom select pair and then you will be able to hear music through your headsets.

Once the intercom is paired you can then turn whatever source you are using back on and you should be able to hear through the headsets.

I tried this several times before I got it to work
That's good news for us guys looking into the rzr with ride command. They need to add a new section in the forum for just ride command. Lots to learn and grow

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
241 Posts
Unfortunately I don't have Bluetooth on my 660 so hard wire is my only option
Same here, hard wiring works geat in my 2017 XP1K4. The coiled wiring from the intercom/radio to the helments can get entangled occasionally.

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have the Rugged Radios 660 plus so I can bluetooth to Ride Command. It is not a problem to pair. However, I have no volume control via PRC or the 660. Volume level is high. When I pair my Iphone with PRC as well and play music, I still cannot control volume level with any of the devices. However, when I decrease the phone volume to zero the sound shuts off completely. I have contacted Polaris and received the standard no help answer, "Since the Rugged Radios are not a supported device, Polaris is not going to have any information on troubleshooting your concerns." Rugged Radios, you're our only hope!

·
Premium Member
227 Posts
I have the 660 Bluetooth and just installed ride command, what is the benefit of connecting the 2? Still learning ride command

·
Registered
73 Posts
I clean any Bluetooth connection on ride command, Bluetooth ride command to rugged radio, it connected then went back and added iPhone to ride command. All work music and call to headset.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Anybody else having problem with helmet kit volume when the RRP660+ is paired with ride command? I have my 660+ paired to my ride command and I have both the over the ear headset and helmet kit. The over the ear headset has a volume control so I'm able to adjust the volume from there. The helmet kit, however, you can't adjust the volume and its very loud. Even if I turn down the volume on the ride command all the way down, it doesn't turn down the volume on the helmet kit. Help please.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts