Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,
I'm hoping that someone here has figured out how to connect their ride command to their rugged radio intercom. I have a 2016 RZR 1000 that I installed the Ride Command in. I also have the Rugged Radios RRP660 intercom. I called Rugged to see if they had any adapters for the Ride Command, but I was told that until they get a hold of a Ride Command unit, they were not going to work on it. It seems that the Ride Command is not as popular as I thought it was going to be, as I'm not seeing it installed on RZR's on the showroom floors near me.
I seem to remember reading somewhere (can't find the link now) that there were a series of 3 adapters that would get me connected between the two. I think the first one was a Polaris audio adapter 2883232, and the last adapter had the cell phone audio plug that goes into the intercom.
Has anyone gotten the two connected and if so, what parts did you use? I would like to be able to use the cell phone features of the Ride Command (answer and make calls) through the intercom headsets already in the helmet.
Thanks,
Don

·
Registered
13 Posts
I too am waiting for a solution from Rugged Radio for Ride Command connectivity. I don't have the door speakers and would prefer to just use the radio through headsets. I'm in a holding pattern on purchasing the radio and intercom until I know it can all work together. I called Rugged just before the Memorial Day holiday and they told me others have asked as well and they expected something in around 6 weeks. Hopefully they see this thread and respond with more details.
Thanks,
swut

·
Vendor
4,794 Posts
Hey guys. Our R&D is on hold right now on this due to a couple reasons. One being we don't have a ride command unit to fully figure out a way to get it working. I'm sure we're going to get one at some point just to figure the connectivity out, however the other reason we're having delays on this is we have so many events on the calendar that we are going to which means our tech team has to prioritize customer service over R&D while a lot of the tech team is gone at these events. Good news is we recently added a couple people to our tech team in order to overcome this. So far what we've found out is that it is possible to get an adapter that goes from the Polaris ride command to what's supposed to plug into the door speakers, and then an adapter that goes from that to a 3.5mm that can plug into the intercom. Obviously we are going to try and figure out a way to make it one adapter from the PRC to 3.5mm. Now this only allows for audio to be played from the PRC to the intercom. It does not allow you to make those calls through the intercom to the PRC as you mention. To do that is going to take more research and development, or a collaboration with Polaris to get a proper adapter that can support two-way audio. We'll get it figured out, I just don't have an ETA unfortunately.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hey guys. Our R&D is on hold right now on this due to a couple reasons. One being we don't have a ride command unit to fully figure out a way to get it working. I'm sure we're going to get one at some point just to figure the connectivity out, however the other reason we're having delays on this is we have so many events on the calendar that we are going to which means our tech team has to prioritize customer service over R&D while a lot of the tech team is gone at these events. Good news is we recently added a couple people to our tech team in order to overcome this. So far what we've found out is that it is possible to get an adapter that goes from the Polaris ride command to what's supposed to plug into the door speakers, and then an adapter that goes from that to a 3.5mm that can plug into the intercom. Obviously we are going to try and figure out a way to make it one adapter from the PRC to 3.5mm. Now this only allows for audio to be played from the PRC to the intercom. It does not allow you to make those calls through the intercom to the PRC as you mention. To do that is going to take more research and development, or a collaboration with Polaris to get a proper adapter that can support two-way audio. We'll get it figured out, I just don't have an ETA unfortunately.

I just got one of the RM25R kits for my LE RZR. Has there been any progress towards being able to run the rugged radio through the Ride Command?

·
Vendor
4,794 Posts
We have made some progress. We were able to make a cable that outputs ride command audio to the intercom using the 6-pin aux port. However, we're still in the testing phase before we start production. As soon as we've done enough testing with it, I'll definitely let you know.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Been my complaint since getting the 2017 XP 1000 LE. Even if I were to get the Sena headsets, that doesn't help with car to car communications. So, I just use my rugged intercom from my old ride. Would like to be able to use the PRC Bluetooth, but alas, Polaris decided to do something that in my opinion, is more trouble than it's worth. I would like to be able to at least answer my phone, but haven't hooked up the cable to my 550 yet.

·
Vendor
4,794 Posts
Currently Ride Command is working fine with the 660Plus and Android devices. With iPhones however there is an issue with volume level adjustment that stems from the Ride Command itself.

We have already submitted a ticket to Polaris to try and get this fixed. It may help speed up the process if customers contact Polaris about the issue as well.

To get it working:
Pair your intercom to the Ride Command through Bluetooth the same way you would pair a bluetooth headset device. No additional cables are required.

·
Vendor
4,794 Posts

·
Mr. & Mrs. PewPewPew
781 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Just curious as to what the iPhone volume issue is? I have my PRC paired to my intercom via the WM1 bluetooth module and I have no volume control at all. The volume controls and mute button on the PRC do nothing.

·
Premium Member
294 Posts
Any updates on this. I have the same problems and would like to just hard wire my PRC to my 660. I have the bluetooth module but I cant even get my ride command to pair with it. I can pair my iphone to the module but have no control over the volume. Come on Rugged lets get the hard wire solution so we can just hook up the PRC directly to the intercoms.

·
Vendor
4,794 Posts
Just curious as to what the iPhone volume issue is? I have my PRC paired to my intercom via the WM1 bluetooth module and I have no volume control at all. The volume controls and mute button on the PRC do nothing.
The issue for the iPhone volume control is something on Polaris' side with the bluetooth protocol. We've notified them of what's going on, but are still waiting on updates.

Any updates on this. I have the same problems and would like to just hard wire my PRC to my 660. I have the bluetooth module but I cant even get my ride command to pair with it. I can pair my iphone to the module but have no control over the volume. Come on Rugged lets get the hard wire solution so we can just hook up the PRC directly to the intercoms.
Our tech has made custom one-off cables to get this working, but it hasn't gone in to production due to low volume customer demand. I would suggest giving our phone line a call and requesting the cable. The more voices that are heard, the more likely we'll have these cables manufactured.

·
researching a rzr xp 1k 4
278 Posts
Subd

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

I'm betting on rugged to figure this out. Would be the hot ticket I believe

·
Registered
13 Posts
All,

I went ahead and bought the system a year ago, and Bluetooth pair my iPhone to the PRC and/or to the 660 with the WM1 Bluetooth.

I think at the moment it is only paired to PRC, but don't recall for sure.

I had volume issues too and I think some background static I was getting from incoming voice from other car radios was due to having the volume turned up all the way on my 660 and on my headsets (i Bluetooth music from my phone through PRC to the wired headsets).

Agree the music volume isn't very adjustable, and no feedback from PRC volume, just via my headsets volume control (but realize this isn't an option for those with speakers).

I try to adjust incoming/outgoing voice volume from the 660, and the radio from the headset knobs.

No idea if there is a better way, but this works for now for me :)

1 - 20 of 30 Posts