Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Turbo R is my first buggy with Ride Command so I have a few questions.
1. My Garmin has a track back feature where you can get back to camp using it, either by watching an arrow or the map. Ride Command got anything similar?
2. First few times out the track I was making was the same color as the trails. I found a post that said to go to Group Ride and change the color of your tracks. Got it changed to red so now my tracks are red and trails are blue. At least that works.
3. How do you synchronize Ride Command since it doesn't have a wifi chip? if I bluetooth it to my phone will it update with my rides from the Ride Command website?
4. Any way to upload all of my Funtrek maps to the Ride Command?

· Premium Member
2020 900 Trail Fox Edition
2,148 Posts
You can follow your track back to where you started it shows your position along the track. I use a usb stick to update my RC and try to keep up to date with the latest data from the Polaris RC page.

· Registered
63 Posts
The Turbo R is my first buggy with Ride Command so I have a few questions.
1. My Garmin has a track back feature where you can get back to camp using it, either by watching an arrow or the map. Ride Command got anything similar?
2. First few times out the track I was making was the same color as the trails. I found a post that said to go to Group Ride and change the color of your tracks. Got it changed to red so now my tracks are red and trails are blue. At least that works.
3. How do you synchronize Ride Command since it doesn't have a wifi chip? if I bluetooth it to my phone will it update with my rides from the Ride Command website?
4. Any way to upload all of my Funtrek maps to the Ride Command?
If I bluetooth it to my phone will it update with my rides from the Ride Command website?
Yes, rides tracks will update but it can be finicky.
For updating software, you must use a USB stick.

Any way to upload all of my Funtrek maps to the Ride Command?
If you can download the trails from Funtrek as a .gpx file or convert them to a .gpx file, you can then upload them to Ride Command.

· Registered
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks. Do you know if you can enter the PIN to start the machine via the dash display in case the Ride Command fails?

· Registered
63 Posts
Thanks. Do you know if you can enter the PIN to start the machine via the dash display in case the Ride Command fails?
I have never messed with the PIN, well actually I did for about 5 minutes and thought to myself ' I can see this going bad, at the worst time", so I removed it and never thought about it again.
I do not know the answer but my first thought would be probably not.

· Registered
2022 Pro XP
93 Posts
Why should I do that, the security system is built into the Ride Command
For the reasons RZRKANE was eluding to and I would share; Ride Command is unreliable at times. If there is a failure of the screen, the buttons, the ecu, etc... in the unit then you could potentially be locked out of your machine and stranded on the trail. While Ride Command is great when it's working there's many posts on here and other forums of Ride Command failures and issues.

But you do you we were just trying to save you a future headache

· Registered
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
For the reasons RZRKANE was eluding to and I would share; Ride Command is unreliable at times. If there is a failure of the screen, the buttons, the ecu, etc... in the unit then you could potentially be locked out of your machine and stranded on the trail. While Ride Command is great when it's working there's many posts on here and other forums of Ride Command failures and issues.

But you do you we were just trying to save you a future headache
Which is why I asked can you enter the PIN via the dash display? When I turn the machine on the dash display says PIN

· Registered
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So I found out from a Facebook group that you can do it using the buttons..

up down arrows to change value & mode button as enter to next position

1 - 10 of 10 Posts