Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed a ride command ( 7inch / 5 button ) display to my 2016 Rzr 1000XP , I can't seem to get the engine temp and volts to display . unit was off a wrecked 2018 1000XP with Dynamix ,and Turbo if that makes a difference . I also used the correct install kit , and rechecked the wiring 2-3 times . Any ideas ??

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Your problem is it came off a xp1000 turbo. It doesn’t exist OEM wise
Can you elaborate ? The tach works , so does the fuel gauge . I understood that as long as it was a 5 button 7 inch it would work , all the connections seem to seamlessly connect .

·
Premium Member
218 Posts
He is just being an azz for not describing the donor as an xpt. Helps him feel special.
He’s right. I was being a smart a$$. Maybe try disconnecting the battery for a few minutes??? We’ve had weird stuff like that happen with farm equipment that doesn’t boot up right and it reboots and loads most generally with a battery disconnect

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
He’s right. I was being a smart a$$. Maybe try disconnecting the battery for a few minutes??? We’ve had weird stuff like that happen with farm equipment that doesn’t boot up right and it reboots and loads most generally with a battery disconnect
Just talked to tech at Polaris , he stated since the unit was off a Turbo model , mine , a non-turbo model , it will not communicate 100% with the ECU .

·
Premium Member
345 Posts
See if you can look up the wiring diagram for both machines, my guess is a couple wires just need re-pined. Ours is a 7 button so I'm not much help. May need to get a install kit (harness )for the machine your adding it to.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts