Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, I was using Ride Command yesterday on my iPhone. It was about 85° and the app crashed on me. It was in a LifeProof case and I was tracking my ride. The phone was plugged in and I was also playing music. Does anyone have any ideas on why this might be happening? I like to track my rides but I also use it for the maps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
70 Posts
IPhone OS12 and ride command don’t work well together. It works fine if you don’t plug it in. Once you plug it in to charge is when the problems start.
Hopefully the new iOS will fix the issue.

Sent from my iPhone using RZRForums.net

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
IPhone OS12 and ride command don’t work well together. It works fine if you don’t plug it in. Once you plug it in to charge is when the problems start.
Hopefully the new iOS will fix the issue.

Sent from my iPhone using RZRForums.net

I hope it does. Thanks

·
Registered
37 Posts
I use it on my Samsung and anytime I try tracking a ride while playing pandora everything freezes. It'll work great with just the map and music but must overload when tracking.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
722 Posts
I'll add... the newest Ride Command update that downloads maps areas like Google Maps has been a nightmare. Super slow, takes forever to acquire GPS etc. I liked the old way where you downloaded trails for the entire state. Completely useless on my Galaxy Tab A tablet.

Now I use Avenza on the Galaxy

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
I'll add... the newest Ride Command update that downloads maps areas like Google Maps has been a nightmare. Super slow, takes forever to acquire GPS etc. I liked the old way where you downloaded trails for the entire state. Completely useless on my Galaxy Tab A tablet.

I just called Azenza and I went to the map store but I cant find any good maps they offer for OHV trail systems like Ride Command has
Where and what type of maps do you downloand that show the OHV or ATV trails systems ...I am in Idaho and it seems limited ?
Thanks

·
Registered
722 Posts

I just called Azenza and I went to the map store but I cant find any good maps they offer for OHV trail systems like Ride Command has
Where and what type of maps do you downloand that show the OHV or ATV trails systems ...I am in Idaho and it seems limited ?
Thanks
I downloaded the Colorado MVUM for each area. Each PDF was free to download.

I agree the Ride Command is really nice to use and visually superior... when it works.

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts

Thanks
I downloaded the Colorado MVUM for each area. Each PDF was free to download.

I agree the Ride Command is really nice to use and visually superior... when it works.
LOL ...I just figured out what you described about 30 min ago ...yes the MVUM maps are exactly what I was looking for...I am going to download Avenza tonight ..Thank you

·
Registered
22 Posts
Haven't had any issues here, been using it plugged in, playing music and stuffed in the storage compartment, also on iOS 12. (iPhone Xs)

Now have an iPad mini mounted to the dash, using that now.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Haven't had any issues here, been using it plugged in, playing music and stuffed in the storage compartment, also on iOS 12. (iPhone Xs)

So I have downloaded the map section I was riding in and now when I go back a couple days later it tells me the map download is waiting for Wifi. I already downloaded it. What could it be waiting on?

·
Registered
22 Posts

So I have downloaded the map section I was riding in and now when I go back a couple days later it tells me the map download is waiting for Wifi. I already downloaded it. What could it be waiting on?

Don't know, haven't had any issue with it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts