Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2021 Rzr Turbo that I bought a ride command kit for and did the install today and had a question about the rear camera. The factory harness at the rear of the vehicle appears to have a plug in place for the camera and I thought I read on here somewhere that it is for a ride command camera but I can’t get it to work. I do have a harness to run all the way from the screen to the rear, but if there is already a wire there somewhere I really don’t want to add another wire harness if not needed. So is there a plug under the dash that I’m not finding to hook up the camera to the screen. I have a plug from the screen labeled for rear camera. Just want to know if there is an easier way. Thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a 2021 Rzr Turbo that I bought a ride command kit for and did the install today and had a question about the rear camera. The factory harness at the rear of the vehicle appears to have a plug in place for the camera and I thought I read on here somewhere that it is for a ride command camera but I can’t get it to work. I do have a harness to run all the way from the screen to the rear, but if there is already a wire there somewhere I really don’t want to add another wire harness if not needed. So is there a plug under the dash that I’m not finding to hook up the camera to the screen. I have a plug from the screen labeled for rear camera. Just want to know if there is an easier way. Thanks
I’m having the same issue, if it has the rear hook up it should have the one for the ride command but I can’t find it!

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I ended up running the extra cable that came in the kit all the way to the front. Not sure what the other connector is for but I could not get the camera to work with it even though it sure looks like it is supposed to be for a camera

·
Registered
5 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Premium Member
2021 RZR Turbo S, 2019 RZR Turbo S4
23 Posts
For anyone else that is wondering, Polaris apparently uses the same tail light harness on all models. Where the tail light harness connects to the chassis harness in the passenger rear wheel well, the chassis harness is missing the 4 pins/wires for the rear camera. So while the plug is on the tail light harness, the rest of the wiring is not in the chassis harness. You need to buy the extension harness or run 4 wires to the back and splice them in.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts