Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Want to add ride command to my 2018 XPT have found the new dash panel need to find the screen and wiring harness. Have heard it can be done but cant find the parts. Any help

·
Premium Member
736 Posts
Do a community search on ride command, I seen one recently that had the part numbers and if I remember right some used units.
There is someone one the site that posts them for sale regularly.

·
Registered
4,586 Posts
You will need the Polaris "Ride Command Install Kit". It comes with the dash, wiring harness, audio adapters, cameras, and misc hardware. You will need to purchase the gps module separately. Rocky Mountain ATV usually has them in stock.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You will need the Polaris "Ride Command Install Kit". It comes with the dash, wiring harness, audio adapters, cameras, and misc hardware. You will need to purchase the gps module separately. Rocky Mountain ATV usually has them in stock.
Been talking with Rocky Mountain they only have the screen. found the dash panel on e bay but no mounting hardware or wiring harness

·
Registered
4,586 Posts
I have a new dash mounting kit I never used. Let me check tonight when I get home and make sure it's complete. I have no use for it because I did a custom dash. Might check Cheap cycle parts for the wiring harness.

·
Premium Member
651 Posts
I am swapping the 5 button setup that I have now to a 7 button setup over the winter. I will have everything needed to install it along with the original instructions. If you wanted to wait a bit I could make you a deal on the entire kit?

·
Registered
55 Posts
I am swapping the 5 button setup that I have now to a 7 button setup over the winter. I will have everything needed to install it along with the original instructions. If you wanted to wait a bit I could make you a deal on the entire kit?
Did you get this 5 to a 7 button done?

18 Turbo S

·
Registered
669 Posts
Per another tread the 7 button works with the older dash with some trimming to make the screen area a bit bigger.

still unsure of how plug and play going from a5 button to 7 button is. Also, some people are able to get their miles and hours to transfer over also into the 7 button but don’t know how. People have done it on here, there’s a whole thread but no one ever posts a walk through.

·
Premium Member
651 Posts
Per another tread the 7 button works with the older dash with some trimming to make the screen area a bit bigger.

still unsure of how plug and play going from a5 button to 7 button is. Also, some people are able to get their miles and hours to transfer over also into the 7 button but don’t know how. People have done it on here, there’s a whole thread but no one ever posts a walk through.
You need to have both displays plugged in at the same time. But in order to do that you need the install kit. The original 5 button screen takes the wires from the factory display and puts them into the ride command connector. The install kit for the 7 button display just piggybacks onto the connection for the diagnostic connector. If you already have your stock gauge hooked up you can just plug in the new 7 button harness and both will be connected at the same.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts