Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Polaris 2021 Pro XP 4 Premium
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm picking up a 2021 Pro XP 4 Premium next week. This is my first RZR that will have the Ride Command. The Ride Command has the capability for both front and rear cameras, but are they included with the Premium or are they extra.

Does the Ride Command have some type of 'intercom' capability? I have found the 'Four passenger communication upgrade kit', PN 2882016. Does anyone have any info on how this works?

·
Registered
23 Posts
It will come with the rear camera. Front camera is on you. Kemimoto or Polaris, both are plug / play. The harness is already ran to the front of the machine. You will have to drill out the mounting spot that is marked from the factory.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I went to amazon and wired in a not plug and play option. It is much cheaper but does require you to cut your plug off and wire three wires in. It works and looks good, I never use it but it was too cheap to pass it up lol

·
Registered
276 Posts
I bought the front camera from Kemimoto and it was stupid simple to install. Works great as well. I think the Polaris one is $110-$120ish while I paid around $70ish

·
Premium Member
1,657 Posts
I agree with above, we rarely use the front camera. I don't think I'd put one on another machine. The rear camera is excellent. I highly recommend them.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Yeah, I agree with the rest. The front Camera is not used very much at all. Thought it would help out with loading or crawling through trails but we almost never use it. That is one upgrade that I will not be doing with our next one.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Yeah, I agree with the rest. The front Camera is not used very much at all. Thought it would help out with loading or crawling through trails but we almost never use it. That is one upgrade that I will not be doing with our next one.
I use mine for loading into the toyhauler or garage. Sometimes on the trail when i'm trying to navigate rock. I don't use it much but for the $70 it cost me it was worth it. It was a small price compared to many of the other items we buy to kit these machines out with.

·
Registered
251 Posts
also bumper selection can impact the use of the front camera The polaris high protect bumper blocks a portion of the camera's field of view.

·
Registered
'21 Pro XP4 Ultimate Rockford Fosgate LE
225 Posts
The camera setup for the front can be done for under $10, and with a little bit of wiring experience it's an easy add on. See post 29 in my build thread for wire identification.

My experience has been much like the comments above, I do not use it often- maybe a handful of times in total. The rear camera is by far the most important, which the premium has from the factory.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts