Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else try these on a 2021 and have the same issue on the passenger side (Driver-side was a little tight but not too bad)? This is actually my second protector from Ricochet as the first I had the same issue.

Since my build date is March 2021 just wondering if there was a subtle change in the trailing arm they are not accounting for?

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Are you expecting it to just slide on nice and easy with play?

Or what are we missing here?
Is it too tight?

..Hammer?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Are you expecting it to just slide on nice and easy with play?

Or what are we missing here?
Is it too tight?

..Hammer?
The width of the trailing arm is roughly 1/8" to 3/16" larger then the gap in the aluminum sleeve. I'd need sledge hammer to get on - that's a lot of hammer'n

·
Premium Member
2020 Pro XP 4 Premium
407 Posts
Do these guards have any purpose other than keeping the paint from being damaged?
Or do they prevent damage to the arm?
If that's the case what damage would that be?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Do these guards have any purpose other than keeping the paint from being damaged?
Or do they prevent damage to the arm?
If that's the case what damage would that be?
They prevent damage, they're very thick.

In my case however they're creating damage. Any hope of protecting the arm was lost trying to pound these on. I wouldn't recommend.

·
Registered
571 Posts
I hope Polaris will come out with them like for the XP’s. My reason is keep from scratching and rock chips. They are only plastic but they do wonders for keeping the trailing arms from looking terrible. Especially when dragging over rocks.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I hope Polaris will come out with them like for the XP’s. My reason is keep from scratching and rock chips. They are only plastic but they do wonders for keeping the trailing arms from looking terrible. Especially when dragging over rocks.
Hope so, looks like the aftermarket is struggling.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just a quick update: I've been working with Don at Ricochet through various e-mail threads. After measuring the right side of another Pro XP he did determine that the width is slightly larger than left. He is going to bend one out slightly larger and send it. So we'll see.

·
Premium Member
462 Posts
I have a set of rear trailing arm protectors from SSS and they fit and work great. They are made out of UHMW and wrap completely around the trailing arm and are secured at the top with bolts going across. I went with these as most of trailing arm failures are right at the point where the sway bar attachment is located. Hopefully these protectors will give some strength support in this spot. UHMW Arm Guards | Polaris RZR Pro XP 4

Attachments

·
Registered
325 Posts
Factory UTV.....1/2" UHMW wraps around the trailing arms and allows you to slide over rocks rather than hang up on them, all while protecting the trailing arms.

·
Registered
571 Posts
I have a set of rear trailing arm protectors from SSS and they fit and work great. They are made out of UHMW and wrap completely around the trailing arm and are secured at the top with bolts going across. I went with these as most of trailing arm failures are right at the point where the sway bar attachment is located. Hopefully these protectors will give some strength support in this spot. UHMW Arm Guards | Polaris RZR Pro XP 4

I have the same wheels are those 32’s? I’m waiting on so many back ordered accessories. Flares being one of them. What sliders are those?

·
Premium Member
462 Posts
Yes they are 32" system 3 RT320's. The sliders are a set that I built myself. I needed a step for my wife to be able to get into the machine. I had a set of Vendetta's on my Turbo S and they were great. No one is making any sliders with a step so I designed these myself. I may make another set in the future and make the step not stick out so far. Although they would work great as a tree kicker as they stick out just a bit more than the tire.
IMG_1424.JPG

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Just a quick update: I've been working with Don at Ricochet through various e-mail threads. After measuring the right side of another Pro XP he did determine that the width is slightly larger than left. He is going to bend one out slightly larger and send it. So we'll see.
How the heck did he not already know that?

The pro has been out for how long now, you cant be the first or first of five to purchase those.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
How the heck did he not already know that?

The pro has been out for how long now, you cant be the first or first of five to purchase those.
Based on my conversations with him I'm the only one thats made a fuss about it?

He's been good to work with and decent about the entire issue but not certain I like using my machine for their R&D.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Based on my conversations with him I'm the only one thats made a fuss about it?

He's been good to work with and decent about the entire issue but not certain I like using my machine for their R&D.
Thats why i made the hammer comment much earlier. I figured you could "tap" them on a bit. Wild there is an issue like this with the pro being out and available for this long now. Im guessing he had something happen to his template or brake that does all of the folding.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thats why i made the hammer comment much earlier. I figured you could "tap" them on a bit. Wild there is an issue like this with the pro being out and available for this long now. Im guessing he had something happen to his template or brake that does all of the folding.
The left side 'tapped' in ok but not the right. They manufacture left and right the same. My sense is they are a bit baffled by the lack of input except from me and the fact their own measurements on a 2020 pro appear larger on the right vs left.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I just wanted to followup with this topic. Don from Ricochet sent a new guard that was wider in the rear. It tapped in perfectly! Although I didn't enjoy being R&D for them they did make it right in the end. Considering no one else hasn't reported this to them can't really fault them.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts