1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6,231 Posts
Welcome to the site!

·
Premium Member
32 Posts
Hey guys!! Thanks for the love & happy to support such devoted riders & a great forum! Look for more news to come on our Hot Shot rec/reg & other parts we offer for the RZR

·
Premium Member
32 Posts
We are constantly looking for ways to improve our product line to best service our customers. Many of you have our 1st generation Hot Shot Series RZR rec/reg with the 30 amp fuse. If you have one of these rec/regs , we will be happy to upgrade it to the 40 amp fuse & fuse holder at no additional charge. Simply give us a call for a return number and we’ll get you set up.

We also offer a one year replacement warranty on all of our rectifier regulators so if you do happen to have any issues, feel confident that we stand behind our products 100%. In the case of a failure, you will need to call us for a return number so we can get the part back here for testing. If the test fails, we will ship you a brand new rec/reg at no charge.

Ultimately we are here to offer a solution to the problem you guys have identified & requested. We want to help you out as best we can & appreciate your support!

·
Registered
330 Posts
Nice to see that you are on the forums, don't need a regulator at the moment but looking to have a back up. I hope you get all the kinks ironed out on the unit.

Are you just replacing the fuse on the current unit you sell for the XP1000?

·
Premium Member
32 Posts
Nice to see that you are on the forums, don't need a regulator at the moment but looking to have a back up. I hope you get all the kinks ironed out on the unit.

Are you just replacing the fuse on the current unit you sell for the XP1000?
No, we're not just replacing the fuse. We've upgraded the fuse & fuse holder to 40 amps. The difference between the two is the 30 amp had 12 gauge wire & the 40 amp has 10 gauge.

·
Premium Member
32 Posts
I just placed an order for the second gen VR. Can you tell me what the dual wire setup is for and will it allow current to be shunted more efficiently, thereby reducing heat generation? Or am I way off base?
You're not off base. Although the 2 wire set up for our gen 2 VR does allow the current to be shunted more efficiently, the 1 wire set up on gen 1 is more than enough for the RZR's alternator capacity.

·
Registered
475 Posts
hello rick, greetins from mexico... I am in the need of 2 voltage regulators... and found out that you have very good ones....

what is the diferrence from the OEM ones?

do you have the 2 VR in stock ready to ship to Laredo, texas....

thanks!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I had my 2015 1000XP-4 out last weekend and noticed my 12 volt aux port to my GPS kept going in and out. I was checking things today and when I was driving the RZR into the garage I noticed the headlight beam on the wall going off and on as I rev'ed the engine. I connected my multi-meter to the battery and found that when I give the engine a steady RPM that the voltage climbs past 17 volts and then the lights kick out, the engine died when it hit 19 volts. I know Polaris has had a lot of voltage regulator problems and I am going to buy the one Ricks Motorsport Electric carries. My unit only has 65 hours on it and is only 6 months old, I can always bolt my faulty one back on when I need to take it to the dealer for other warranty repairs. A spare is always good on a group ride.
Larry

Part was ordered and received 2nd day UPS as ordered, bolted right up, and fit well, voltage stayed stable between 13.9 - 14 volts DC. Thanks Rick!

·
Registered
20 Posts
:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:
We are constantly looking for ways to improve our product line to best service our customers. Many of you have our 1st generation Hot Shot Series RZR rec/reg with the 30 amp fuse. If you have one of these rec/regs , we will be happy to upgrade it to the 40 amp fuse & fuse holder at no additional charge. Simply give us a call for a return number and we’ll get you set up.

We also offer a one year replacement warranty on all of our rectifier regulators so if you do happen to have any issues, feel confident that we stand behind our products 100%. In the case of a failure, you will need to call us for a return number so we can get the part back here for testing. If the test fails, we will ship you a brand new rec/reg at no charge.

Ultimately we are here to offer a solution to the problem you guys have identified & requested. We want to help you out as best we can & appreciate your support!

·
Premium Member
32 Posts
hello rick, greetings from mexico... I am in the need of 2 voltage regulators... and found out that you have very good ones....

what is the difference from the OEM ones?

Hey!! We are making these pretty much every day to keep up with demand, so give us a call at 603-329-9901 to place an order or check out our website at:
Aftermarket Polaris RZR Regulator Rectifier | OEM Style ATV Replacement Part

and you can order directly online.

Major differences in our piece vs. OE is that the Rick's VR is made with Mosfet technology (designed to run cooler). Ours also comes with a separate 40 amp inline water resistant fuse & fuse holder to further protect the integrity of the unit. Also comes with a one year replacement warranty. The web page will give you additional details as well.

·
Premium Member
32 Posts
Wanted to let everyone know that we've already seen a couple bad stators that were mistaken for the VR going out. The stator on 13-14 900s & 14-15 1000s puts out a total of 560 watts. Our VR can handle all of that. BUT if you are trying to draw more than that from your system, you will eventually burn up your stator. If your yellow charging wires are getting hot, please test your stator to make sure it's still good. Check out our youtube video for a good stator test:

·
Premium Member
32 Posts
Just wanted to give some added info on the RZR charging systems...

The OE service manual gives the rated alternator output of 560W. It should be noted that this is the number for an ideal system; real-world applications will likely be lower.

When attempting to determine the maximum amount of current draw that can be added to your system we strongly recommend reading the "Charging System Break-Even Test" found in the electrical section of your OE Polaris service manual. This will tell you if the charging system is able to keep up with your accessories and keep the battery charged.

If your vehicle fails this test it means you are running too much.

·
Premium Member
32 Posts
Hey Guys - we are looking to get a sample stator in here for R&D work & wondering if anyone can help us out. We will take your burnt up/no good stator - does NOT have to be functioning. Looking for one from the 2015 900 and the 13-14 900/14-15 1000. Please PM me if you think you can help!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts