Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So recently I was looking for a cutout for my XPT 2016. price were kinda high, I mean I didn’t want to spend that much money on a cutout ( around $700) when I could use that buy idk an axle or whatever I need to fix next.
So I bought a normal cutout 2’5 from eBay. I just wanted to my RZR to be louder.
But it’s really loud. I def love it. People could hear you from miles. I felt like my machine was something else. Power gain I can’t say anything about that yet. But it feels like my machine is running lighter with no restrictions. So yeah I feel faster throttle response. But what I like the most. Is that my rzr is running way more colder than before, that’s the first thing I noticed. Fan doesn’t come that often and temp don’t increase to fast like before.
i def like it. It’s been 3 weeks already. I’m not waiting to work as good as an aftermarket made for Polaris but it def get the job done.
Military camouflage Helmet Automotive tire Camouflage Motor vehicle

Motor vehicle Automotive tire Glove Wood Automotive wheel system

Automotive tire Auto part Motor vehicle Personal protective equipment Bag

Bicycle tire Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Automotive lighting

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Why? Sorry I don't get it. We as a group are facing challenges tons of challenges and being super loud doesn't help matters.

But whatever, to each his own...
I was testing to see if I could reduce engine temp or make it to run colder. SURE IT DID.
And I didn’t want to remove the cat cause. I didn’t want to remove my exhaust. (Lazy)
Basically just did this the process is totally reversible since I just need to weld the piece I cut back and that’s it.
And I’m from Dominican Republic. And when it comes to UTV we love it REALLY LOUD. (Exhaust)

But this sure help the turbo a lot

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
It actually was like 30 min Job or less I could say.
Just cut and weld the new part without taking anything out of the machine
That was kind of the point though, removing the cat is the same. Cut and weld - done. The only benefit is running cooler, being the loudest isn't going to earn you any points. I think you can tell, we are all grateful you're not in the states and therefore won't be forced to listen to it running in our AO.

·
Premium Member
170 Posts
I'm sure your fellow riders following really enjoy it.
Back in my Harley days (quit riding two years ago due to too many cell phones in the cages) I would not ride with anybody with straight pipes.

·
Registered
2021 1000 XP
915 Posts
I was testing to see if I could reduce engine temp or make it to run colder. SURE IT DID.
And I didn’t want to remove the cat cause. I didn’t want to remove my exhaust. (Lazy)
Basically just did this the process is totally reversible since I just need to weld the piece I cut back and that’s it.

And I’m from Dominican Republic. And when it comes to UTV we love it REALLY LOUD. (Exhaust)

But this sure help the turbo a lot
In ten years I will email this quote to you.

We are our own worst enemies.

All the best, James

·
Registered
404 Posts
In ten years I will email this quote to you.

We are our own worst enemies.

All the best, James
Amen. I used to run cut-outs, shoot firearms without hearing protection, shake my head when I saw someone mowing the lawn with muffs.

Now I'm 40 and have already started saying "what?" to my wife on a somewhat regular occasion... 🤦‍♂️

Save your ears!! And others'!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
80% of UTV ( runs cut out here in Dominican Republic or either a louder aftermarket )

and on ATV ( runs aftermarket louder exhaust)
So if you ever come by this date to Dominican Republic make sure you’re prepare to hear around 350 utv (can am - Polaris ) with loud music and really loud exhaust. Cause there’s actually a 3 day rally from the center of the city to the top of the island

job is fully reversible. So yeah I’m fine.
All the best for you guys! At the end the only thing that matter is being happy with your machine and have some fun with it.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Say what? I can’t hear ya!!!!!!! I used to like loud, but now have to wear hearing aids to hear anything! LOL!!!
Same here man I’m about to hit 40,, and I’ve always had the loudest guns, cars, trucks, music, motorcycles, dirt bikes, parties etc etc you get the point and here recently I can’t hear a damn thing!! 💯💯😳😂😂 Lots of ringing and well you get the point.

The wife is adjusting and so am I,, if I turn my head a certain way I can’t hear her at all 🙏🏻😂

Watch for temps being too cool amigo,, too cool can cause issues also,, sounds nuts I know but that head gets a cold draft so much could happen even with sloppy Polaris tolerances in the cam and valve drive.

I’ve seen worse piece together jobs I bet it’s loud as a motherF!! Hey if you like it brother and your machine is doing great rock it!! In the states some cities and towns trying to outlaw such shit here, shame.

Ride hard and ride safe! Video with sound with trap open then closed by any chance?? 😁

·
Registered
955 Posts
I'm 40 and my dad was always big on hearing protection coming from working on and then flying fighters. I never cared for loud exhausts, even when in my 20's. I do like big speakers though (currently have a set of Klipsch La Scalas), and I've definitely listens to some loud music. :)

My turbo track car is actually much quieter than either of my RZR's, and the 900 has a stock exhaust.

I weld and I can say swapping out a muffler is the easiest of all the stated options.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts