Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

Review of Wolf Snout

54K views 120 replies 45 participants last post by  Wolfsnout Racing 
#1 ·
I rode last weekend on very dusty country (dirt) roads with some friends. All of the adults were wearing our new Wolf Snout masks and our kids were making fun of us of course. We have the ones for no helmet or open face helmets and of course we do look funny when wearing them.

I have to say that they are the best addition I have made for riding in dusty conditions. My father suffers from black lung and couldn't ride in dusty conditions before we got the masks. After 57 miles of intense dust and mud logging roads, nothing but clean air made it through the mask. Six of us had the masks on and each of us did the post ride snoot blow expecting to get at least some dirt out, but there was none. The "kids" (they are in their 20's) blew and hacked up half of the trail.

The masks are very comfortable and allow you to freely talk or chew gum, even drink, but it has to be through a staw or hydration tube. My wife is an avid gum chewer and her only complaint was when she start chewing fast it would tickle her nose. She chews fast when I am about to do something that she feels is unsafe, so about all the time!!

When I washed them out it was amazing how much grime they released and had kept off our face and out of our lungs and mouth.

I am in no way affiliated with Wolf Snout or any vendor. This is just the opinion of a fellow rider on a new product that I purchased for me and my friends.

See less See more
#32 ·
I am often asked which version Wolfsnout should I buy, with my full face helmet? Since both versions will work well with a full face helmet. The answer is...........
If your full face helmet fits closer then 2 1/2 fingers (about an 1 1/2 to two inches) width from your face, then you may want to go with the Allsport. Some of Shoe and the ARI are bit close fitting for the Pro Race.
With that being said, if the Pro Race is installed correctly, with a twist while compressing.....it actually does fit in the tighter helmets, but it can take some practice.
If your unsure, go with the Allsport. Please feel free to give me a call at any time Tim 770-598-2994

#37 ·
The wife and I finally got around to using our Wolf Snouts yesterday while riding with a group of 20 or so other vehicles. Everyone kind of looked at us like were crazy but after the first several miles in the dust they all wished they had some too. After 36 miles of riding there was no dust up the nose. Our ears were full of dust, our faces were covered, but no dust inside where it counts. Great when riding with others.

Tom

#38 ·
Cool, that is great to read. I had ordered the bandana masks from Rocky Mountain ATV that had vents. They worked relatively well, but the white paint on the bandana started flaking off after the first hand wash. I am sure inhaling paint chips from China was much worse than breathing dust.

I ordered wolfsnouts today and then decided to add one more mask to the order for a total of 3. I already heard back from Tim in email in less than 20 minutes on a Sunday night

Tim, thanks for the email and I am jealous I was not out riding today too. 115 here in AZ:sad: I look forward to getting the snouts.

#43 · (Edited)
Hi Tim, Got to use the snout again last weekend again. It saved me from the nasty AZ dust. Had one still new in the package in my storage box and ended up giving it to my buddy after seeing his face covered in dust (mine! lol). He really liked it. So 2 new fans. Great product Tim. Thanks again. I will be ordering more for Christmas gifts.

#46 ·
I got one last year and was surprised how awesome this thing works. I ended up using it last week in my kitchen when I was sanding the hell out of the walls and it worked great. I need to order a few more for friends and family. Big thumbs up for a great product and company!

#52 ·
Ordered yesterday. Hopefully have them before ride in Mammoth Lakes area (volcanic) next week.

#57 ·
We now offer the new Wolfsnout JR.

The new youth size offers a smaller mouth and nose
area, and a shorter strap. It also includes the
removable, extreme dust liner for extra protection.
Designed to fit those with smaller faces,or 14 and under.

Available in limited quantity Red,Blue,Black,Pink and Green

#59 ·
The Wolfsnout mask fits differently then any other mask on the market.
When used correctly it should fit comfortably.

The Wolfsnout® should be seated below your nose on your
upper lip, with the colored rim bent forward under your
nostrils. Place the strap above your ears, high on the
crown of your head. Place helmet or goggles over the
strap. Make sure the nose flap is seated under your
nostrils (over the nose of small faces).

#61 ·
How long does it take to swap lenses in your goggles?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.