Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Jerky Boy
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been debating for awhile whether to do this or not and finally got it done. It looks and feels great to me. What took the most time was breaking the bead down on one side of each wheel and swapping the valve stems for "flush" valve stems.

I'm about 58" wide in the rear and 55" ish in the front.

·
Premium Member
4,381 Posts
re: Reversed stock wheels, added "S" flares on 570

Looks good!

·
Registered
320 Posts

That looks really good! Where did you get the different valve stems?

·
Premium Member
1,363 Posts

That looks great. When I first posted this idea several months ago several people said it could not be done. Glad to see the proof in those pictures.

·
Jerky Boy
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

That looks really good! Where did you get the different valve stems?

Thanks! This is the set of valve stems I went with: Flush Mount Valve Stems Hide A Valve Set of 4 | eBay

Without them the stock stems would hit the brake calipers. I would love to buy better tires but my wife would kill me if I spend much more on the buggy. :pinshake: I just have to get creative from here on out.

BTW, here's how I broke the beads on my tires.

·
Jerky Boy
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Isnt that gonna be super hard on the bearings?? Was just wondering?

More than likely, yes. I'm willing to take that chance I guess. I wanted a wider stance for stability and look and this is the cheapest way to get it. My budget is blown for accessories.....it may cost me more in the end but I guess I want it bad enough:)

·
Registered
4 Posts

looks great...better than spacers...thanx for the valve stem tip...i just ordered 4....

·
Registered
17 Posts

Are those factory S fender flares? Do they mount without any mods on the 570 (wondering about the rear)?:popcorn:

·
Registered
531 Posts

Are those factory S fender flares? Do they mount without any mods on the 570 (wondering about the rear)?:popcorn:
Couple extra holes to drill. Mine came out great!

·
Jerky Boy
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

Yes, stock "S" flares from Polaris. I had to grind the length of two bolts on the rear on airbox side about 1/4" inch so they don't rub through airbox duct.

The holes didn't exactly line up for the rears. It's no big deal really, I just forced the bolts into the existing holes and the result was a little bulge in the top of the flare. If you drill new holes like sfrazr did they will fit perfect with no bulge. JUST DONT DRILL INTO THE DUCT WORK for airbox . Use some sort of backing plate behind the fender while drilling.

·
Registered
16 Posts

I am about to reverse my stock wheels and add the low profile valve stems. Just wanted to check and see how your machine was holding up with this modification.

·
Registered
961 Posts

Better to PM direct to those riders Chris, 2 yr old thread, Soapy is still here regular, not so much with the others, have fun stay safe
I am about to reverse my stock wheels and add the low profile valve stems. Just wanted to check and see how your machine was holding up with this modification.

I don't know why I say goodbye, I say hello

·
Registered
17 Posts

That's one way to break a bead
There' another way from Harbor Freight item number 69686 a manual tire changer
for $45.
I have one mounted in my garage floor and it handles all my tire needs from tire changing, tire repair and bead breaking. For $45 its a money saver.

·
Registered
148 Posts

Weird.....I was just thinking of doing this this morning, sat down at the computer and saw the thread. I didn't take the valve stems into consideration. Hello ebay.

·
Registered
16 Posts

Yep, sorry to resurrect an old post. I sent him an email and we will see what he says...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using RZRForums.net mobile app

·
Registered
83 Posts

I did this to mine a year ago and have had no problems. I also drilled new holes on the inside of the rim and installed conventional valve stems for easier tire inflation.

Sent from my C6906 using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 29 Posts