Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So what's the advantage of revalving the Fox Podiums? Is it a more accurate valve, or allow for more adjustment? What's the process and what could I expect for results/differences.

·
King of crash!
31,882 Posts
that's a loaded and hard question to answer because with a valving change you can do all sorts of things... softer harder slower faster and a little of all its what controls how and what your shocks do.... their are alot of valve choices and oil and it all works to make the shock do what you need it to do

·
Premium Member
2,778 Posts
You seem to be starting threads that are looking for answers to questions that can be answered in a single phone call instead of soliciting opinions from the unknowing masses. Call me at 951-782-1479 for answers to g-outs, re-valve, springs, etc.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Yeah call steve from makin trax Ive heard good things from guys who have had him revalve there fox shocks. hey steve what do you charge for a fox revalve my brother is interested in having you do his

·
◄►STARS & STRIPES◄►
3,832 Posts
You seem to be starting threads that are looking for answers to questions that can be answered in a single phone call instead of soliciting opinions from the unknowing masses. Call me at 951-782-1479 for answers to g-outs, re-valve, springs, etc.
Agreed, When I asked that in the "large" Fox podium thread, I didnt get answer...I took that as being a complex answer and figured when I go and see Steve in a few months he will get me strait....It might be best to let this one fade away as the average rider (me included) truly dont know how to "tune" a shock for exactly the type of riding we do...( I mean, we dont even know what is proper, have we been around shocks and valves /adjusting that we can discuss rebound rates, pressures, nitrogen /oil/ mix..I just dont think so.. Thats why we have experts...

Im not saying that some of you cant, Im sure some of you can...But Im talking about the average guy that goes and buys an "s" and thinks he can adjust these things to be perfect....Based on what?? Most have never seen a shock with a reservior...JMHO...Letting go now....Just give Steve a buzz..

·
Registered
81 Posts
Go ahead, you can use my name. JUST KIDDING.
Gosh, you gotta throw me in the bucket to make a point. JUST KIDDING
Once again Steve to the rescue with great advice. JUS......NO KIDDING.:)
Scoddee

p.s. OTOH he's excited, admin and vendors want lots of views by lots of people and I need more RZR-S stuff to read.:)

·
King of crash!
31,882 Posts
Agreed, When I asked that in the "large" Fox podium thread, I didnt get answer...I took that as being a complex answer and figured when I go and see Steve in a few months he will get me strait....It might be best to let this one fade away as the average rider (me included) truly dont know how to "tune" a shock for exactly the type of riding we do...( I mean, we dont even know what is proper, have we been around shocks and valves /adjusting that we can discuss rebound rates, pressures, nitrogen /oil/ mix..I just dont think so.. Thats why we have experts...

Im not saying that some of you cant, Im sure some of you can...But Im talking about the average guy that goes and buys an "s" and thinks he can adjust these things to be perfect....Based on what?? Most have never seen a shock with a reservior...JMHO...Letting go now....Just give Steve a buzz..

i know exactly how to tune a shock.....send them to steve !!!!! works every time....:rofl3::rofl3:

·
Registered
629 Posts
To be honest there are some thing that you should do first before you call Steve, get your sag numbers and the type of riding that you mostly do. That way he can offer you a complete assessment. Remember that when dealing with shocks it's only a starting point, there are many ways to get the ride that you want but the thing that most people fail to do is testing. Yea I sound like a broken record but nobody can get it perfect out the box. Steve will get you close but fine adjustments can only be done by you.

Good Luck...

·
◄►STARS & STRIPES◄►
3,832 Posts

i know exactly how to tune a shock.....send them to steve !!!!! works every time....:rofl3::rofl3:
:rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

·
Razorholic
1,705 Posts
I know the question so i just sent him my shocks ( Steve at Maikin traxs) , i would say i will have them in a day or so revalved and re sprung , im so excited

1 - 10 of 10 Posts