Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

Report any 2014 XP-1000 problems here

572K views 1K replies 380 participants last post by  Burd1000 
#1 ·
Now that the XP-1000 machines are being delivered, we would like to hear if you have any problems with them.

Please post here if you have any issues, not created by abuse.
If you hit a tree or something like that, post the carnage in a different thread.

If an issue becomes known to be common, it will be posted in this locked thread for easy to find reference: http://www.rzrforums.net/rzr-xp-1000/119185-xp-1000-first-run-issues-fixes.html
:ride:

#1,233 ·
also broke my sway bar mount same side and the deal here said that this is the second one that he has seen both in the last to weeks.[/QUOTE]

I welded the swaybar mount back on and also welded the backside of the other mount that didn't tear off. Have not had another problem with it.

I also did a sparks clutch kit to help from blowing another belt. Holding up good so far!

Gaaaaaass on it!

#1,241 ·
I installed the new belt cover kit on my 14 black Pearl. Pretty simple even tho it took a little cutting with a round saw. The new belt looked to be a Carbon belt too. I hadn't really had any real challenges ... Just seem to make sense because I was wanting to keep an zeta belt on hand anyways.

I do have her entered in a 4 hour endurance race for this coming weekend too. So I did like the idea of keeping those temps as low as possible.

#1,244 ·
20 hrs on machine belt squealing on low end. Dealer said clutch has excessive wear, warranty work.
The full poly windshield ( the enclosur window ) would not fit ( too high ) and the dealer would not guarantee he could put it in for less than 1/2 hour shop time. Ordered the other full poly window.
Have to fiddle with the shifter to find a gear.

#1,261 ·
I have had all of the past types of Rzr models ... And I by No means think my 2014 xp1k is built any worse.

We jack up ours and check over everything after every ride. Only have 350 miles thus far, and The 1000 is wearing much better than our previous 900 did. Ball joints and bushings wise that is.

#1,259 ·
#1,262 ·
Bought it new 2 weeks ago put 50 easy miles on it driving around the farm caught on fire in my aunts yard. I did not have a gas can in the back. The wind was blowing to the pass side. I was riding for maybe 1-2 miles before it back fired really hard then died tried to restart and had nothing felt heat behind me. Took a lot to get it out. Finally just towed it over to the hose.

#1,263 ·
At about 850 miles my front wheel drive stopped working. It was about a week past 6 months old. Polaris is laughing all the way to the bank on this one. Dealer wants over $3500 for a new transmission installed. What a regrettable purchase. When it's working it's fun as hell. But its spent a lot of time in the shop and Polaris doesn't warranty ?hit.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.