Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

641 - 660 of 1482 Posts

·
Registered
15,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #641 ·
I read in the service manual that if the fuel tank vent line is plugged, pinched off, or restricted that the exhaust can run hot.
Probably leans out the fuel system.
So those of you with hot glowing exhausts can check for that.

Was also surprised to see that the spec on the fuel pump is for 58psi +/-2psi. pretty high.
might be why some of the pumps make more noise than we are used to.

·
Premium Member
66 Posts
Two very common problems I've seen are that the tail light ground connection back feeds somewhere and causes the tail lights to stay on with the key off and out of the ignition, also what gives with the walker Evans shock shafts bending? I love how it says "walker Evans RACING" on the shock reservoir and you can't even go over a set of whoops without their "hardened" shafts bending on you. I know a guy in southern MO that totaled his machine due to it, and from what I heard he wasn't even riding very hard just yard laps...

·
Registered
21 Posts
Just got my 1000 Rzr. Love but have the rattle in the front. You would think after all this time they would fix the ones they are building now. So back to the dealer I go!

·
Registered
15,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #644 ·
Two very common problems I've seen are that the tail light ground connection back feeds somewhere and causes the tail lights to stay on with the key off and out of the ignition, also what gives with the walker Evans shock shafts bending? I love how it says "walker Evans RACING" on the shock reservoir and you can't even go over a set of whoops without their "hardened" shafts bending on you. I know a guy in southern MO that totaled his machine due to it, and from what I heard he wasn't even riding very hard just yard laps...
totaled doing yard laps... LOL
I don't think so.

·
Registered
626 Posts
totaled doing yard laps... LOL
I don't think so.
Ha..hold my beer moment..

·
Registered
98 Posts
Clutch Spider nut backed off on mine resulting in about a 52 mph top speed at the limiter.
Yup, seems to happen to a lot of us.
Mine did this a second time.
I called my dealer to order the clutch puller and the spider nut tool to do mine myself this time, and they wouldn't sell me the tools.
They prefer to fix it themselves while the bike in under warranty.
They said that the more times we (the customers) bring it in for service on the same thing, then Polaris will see there is a problem. (Eventually)
If we fix it ourselves then Polaris won't know how big the problem is.

I dunno, I'm still thinking of buying the tools myself for when I'm off warranty!!!

·
Registered
86 Posts
Say Tuf, it's just what others have listed out of the 43 pages i've read. For me, at 22k, the only issues i feel i should be having are the ones i cause. I understand about lemons being out there and maybe this is a very low percentage of people having problems with their 1000 and then maybe not? I guess quality isn't what it use to be? It's not just here in the atv world, it's in a lot of merchandise. I'm glad you put up the thread asking about what 1000 owners are having problems with? Hopefully, Polaris is reading?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Just purchased the 1000 last night. Stoked
Check all the fluids and my on demand system is super low. not even sure there is any in there. Will have to go to the dealer tomorrow and pick us some fluid.

·
Registered
4,105 Posts
Same LT demand fluid as RZR 800 or 900, if you have any from other machines laying around. It is a common problem, factory is leaving front diff a few ounces low.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Same LT demand fluid as RZR 800 or 900, if you have any from other machines laying around. It is a common problem, factory is leaving front diff a few ounces low.
Could low diff fluid make front dif lock as if in four wheel drive, even w switch in 2x4. Was out getting feel of my 1000 other day, and made a sharp corner while on throttle and it got up on the two right side wheels?. Have been wondering if it was a suspension setting, but haven't checked diff fluid!? Got to thinking, Only time my old 800 would do this is if it was in 4x4. This could be dangerous? Gonna check fluid level tonight, but anyone noticed anything like this happening? And what is the fix?

·
Registered
225 Posts
Could low diff fluid make front dif lock as if in four wheel drive, even w switch in 2x4. Was out getting feel of my 1000 other day, and made a sharp corner while on throttle and it got up on the two right side wheels��. Have been wondering if it was a suspension setting, but haven't checked diff fluid!? Got to thinking, Only time my old 800 would do this is if it was in 4x4. This could be dangerous�� Gonna check fluid level tonight, but anyone noticed anything like this happening? And what is the fix?
I don't think anyone has figured out a for sure cause of this. I think the the best guess so far is the new "quick engagement" front end is way more sensitive and can sometimes engage on its own when there is a large differnce in wheel speed front to rear. One person proposed a different weight fluid might help.

·
Registered
248 Posts
If I was to buy one now, should I ask when the machine was delivered, so maybe the kinks are worked out, or are they all the same. When I say the same, have they made changes at the factory to address these problems, or will they continue?

·
Registered
293 Posts
You have to remember that the point of this particular thread is to ONLY point out problems and flaws. My XP1000 is perfect, not a single problem and it's got a build date of 9-17-13. I've had it since the first of October with 0 issues and I don't baby it. I think a lot of people see this thread with lots of random problems that some are isolated and rare and others common and they instantly assume all XP1000's have these issues. There's a lot of amazing machines out there that you don't hear much about because they're not having problems and people are out riding instead of on RZRforums reporting their issues. Just some food for thought...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
646 Posts
my fuel tank vent was pinched and the tank collapsed down to about 5 gallon capacity.
dealer got me a new tank and fuel pump but i have not bothered to take it in yet.
1000 miles, still grinning.

·
Registered
86 Posts
you state two but unless i am overlooking, only see one before you ask about the shocks?

·
Registered
86 Posts
On purpose? If so, why? Where are these check points at for checking the fluid and how do you tell or measure to know it is low? Stick a gauge down in the hole?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Just purchased the 1000 last night. Stoked
Check all the fluids and my on demand system is super low. not even sure there is any in there. Will have to go to the dealer tomorrow and pick us some fluid.
By picking up meaning you are going to buy the fluid and put it in yourself on a brand new unit?

·
Registered
15,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #659 ·
On purpose? If so, why? Where are these check points at for checking the fluid and how do you tell or measure to know it is low? Stick a gauge down in the hole?
read these posts: http://www.rzrforums.net/rzr-xp-1000/119185-xp-1000-first-run-issues-fixes.html

·
Registered
47 Posts
One of my header bolts is missing
There are 5 bolt holes on the header flange wich only three is taken, 2 on the bottom and one on top. That is from what i can see on the polaris website parts lookup. They must be the same headers for different bikes with different bolt patterns.

Sent from my iPhone using RZRForums.net mobile app

641 - 660 of 1482 Posts