Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
621 - 640 of 1482 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
I'm getting ready to pickup a 1000, does any one have a list of service bulletins. I would like to take care of all issue's before I leave the dealer. Hopefully they have all the bugs worked out by now and I won't have any issue's.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I'm getting ready to pickup a 1000, does any one have a list of service bulletins. I would like to take care of all issue's before I leave the dealer. Hopefully they have all the bugs worked out by now and I won't have any issue's.
Sounds like more recent build dates already have known issues fixed.

·
Registered
417 Posts
rjsmith
yours looks good.
mine was 70% blocked.

cable needed to be adjusted also, way to tight
no grease on air filter bushing.
other then that and clutch seal/bearing and OLD SHOCK MODEL
and shocks popping
all seems well. no looose bolts or other things yet

·
Registered
971 Posts

·
Registered
4,105 Posts
I checked my spark arrestor. Sure enough quite a bit of extra .
I found some in my arrestor also.
Hey Ralph!!! Long time bud. Hope to see your limey a$^% out there on the trail!!:)
Hey Bob,
So you finally sold the green machine and got a real toy. We need to hook up sometime for a ride. I have been doing Silverwood a lot and also Glamis. Love the new toy at Glamis, no longer worried if I will make it up a ridge.

·
Registered
971 Posts
I found some in my arrestor also.
Hey Ralph!!! Long time bud. Hope to see your limey a$^% out there on the trail!!:)
Hey Bob,
So you finally sold the green machine and got a real toy. We need to hook up sometime for a ride. I have been doing Silverwood a lot and also Glamis. Love the new toy at Glamis, no longer worried if I will make it up a ridge.
Had the XP900 since 2011 and just bought the 1000. Give me a ring if you want to hook up. PM you the #.

·
Registered
15,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #630 ·
Calling out Magicmantx-------------

The 2 dealerships I work for also happen to own a Polaris store and a Chevy store. I'd be glad to get you a copy of the bulletin to fix the driveshaft yourself if you would like it.
As for the rear diff play-take 5 minutes and adjust your shift cable to add a little slack in it so the trans / rear diff can solidly lock into each gear and Park. Again-if I can help talk you through it-just let me know. I'm glad to help anyone if I can.
Gil

ps-the bulletin for the driveshaft is real straight forward and will only take you about 1 hour to perform.
I have always done everything myself. I pulled my cover and my driveshaft is in phase. I greased it and that lasted maybe 4-5 miles. So don't think there's really anything else that can be done to correct it without replacing the shaft???
Mine seems to shift into gear fine but I will try the adjustment and see if that helps. I can put mine on the lift and rotate the tires back and forth and it seems like excessive play and will clunk both ways. Not sure whats going on with it but I'll give it a shot.

I have tried repeatedly to buy from the dealers locally but when theres over 2000 difference I'm going somewhere else. I buy all my accessories and parts from the closest dealer from me. Tires wheels etc so I do spend quite a bit of money there seems like they forgot that. I'm sure they made more profit from me than someone who buys their machine there and buys all their accessories online.
any dealership can perform warranty work on your rzr. doesn't matter where you bought it.

re-phase bulletin is posted here: http://www.rzrforums.net/rzr-xp-1000/119185-xp-1000-first-run-issues-fixes.html

·
Registered
11 Posts
A little driveline noise and a crappy glove box lid are the biggest issues on a first year production machine... not bad polaris. Atleast the clutches arent detonating like a maverick .

·
2019 RZR XP Turbo S
334 Posts
All -

Tomorrow morning I will be selecting an XP1000 from a handful of them. I know to look for the 44 on the shock part number (bent shocks), to play with glove box lid, look at shocks mounts to ensure the o-rings are seated. What else? Check muffler for packing materials? Any advice appreciated. I have a 6 hour drive ahead of me and will bring my ipad so I can check for your advice before I go in there.

I do plan to buy the 5-year warranty.
I plan to buy the bumpers, sliders, roof, 1/2 windshield, maybe a headache net.

·
Registered
4,105 Posts
Check the onrings on the spherical bearings where the trailing arms connect to the chassis, a bunch of RZR came out of the factory with the outboard o ring bulging out at the bottom. easy fix for dealer to do, just a pain to have to go back after you just got it home. Check fuild level in front diff, factory does not put I enough in. Check gear shift cable is adjusted right, it will clunk when pulling away if cable is adjusted wrong

·
Registered
188 Posts
Just got an 84 and a 109 error code. Power steering icon came on. No power steering. Right out of the garage. Haven't rode in a week. Then I take it up the road for a mile and back, turn it off, start it and everything works. Checked most all connections. Grounds look tight. No mud riding at all. Any ideas?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
87 Posts
some of what i picked up of the 43 pages i've read...whew...1) seat sliders were not working, 2) opening the water tight "phone compartments", 3) fuel pump. It was making a loud high pitched sound, 4) rear shock springs wrong. They had the upper lightweight spring completely compressed with the nut 5) the yokes are not (synched) or in tune 6) want to rock crawl or run a race you will need to upgrade the radius rods, 7) trailing arms have O-rings that look like they are not in quite right, 8) transmission leaks, 9) front differential on ours was just about bone-dry and the filler plug was stripped where you insert the allen wrench, 10) Ball Joints, 11) clunking noise and in reverse, 12) found my clutch & air box inlets loose, 13) transmission vent hose is very low on top of the motor, 14) sway bar is slightly turned, 15) The nut that holds the spider from the primary clutch has stripped off, 16) funky seat smell, 17) not actually running an actual walker evans shock. they probably bought the rights to walker evans, copied their shocks in china, and is mass producing them, 18) spark arrester screen and there was fiberglass packing from the muffler clogging about 1/3rd of it. It might explain why some people have their exhaust glowing red. These may or may not apply? Hope it helps? Good luck in decision? Which one you looking at buying...color that is?

·
2019 RZR XP Turbo S
334 Posts
Gulp - brural list, Thanks for the summary - I will have it with me and do my best to check as much as possible. That's a lot that can go wrong. Stripped parts probably are the worst.

Was thinking the orange/black but dealer has red/white as well.also should have 900s in stock and I'll look them over. May go with the 900.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Yea, i liked the orange/black myself. That was what i was looking for but after reading this thread, one reason i went through all pages, i am waiting. I don't have to have bragging rights for a 22k machine and have these issues. IMO, it's like buying a new home and then having to deal with replacing the plumbing and being fine with it? I understand some think it is minor but not me. I do feel that the new, 1st time out 1000 rzr costumers are being used as quality control to find these issues so they can be reaped for later customers. I don't want to spend my time making these corrections myself or taking a chance with the dealer for 22k machine. Man, that a long haul to get one of these bad boys? I feel for you if you have any issues, especially if it will be warranty issues? You check out the dealer to see what kind of rating he has? Seems some dealers actually care and most don't?

·
Registered
15,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #640 ·
some of what i picked up of the 43 pages i've read...whew...1) seat sliders were not working, 2) opening the water tight "phone compartments", 3) fuel pump. It was making a loud high pitched sound, 4) rear shock springs wrong. They had the upper lightweight spring completely compressed with the nut 5) the yokes are not (synched) or in tune 6) want to rock crawl or run a race you will need to upgrade the radius rods, 7) trailing arms have O-rings that look like they are not in quite right, 8) transmission leaks, 9) front differential on ours was just about bone-dry and the filler plug was stripped where you insert the allen wrench, 10) Ball Joints, 11) clunking noise and in reverse, 12) found my clutch & air box inlets loose, 13) transmission vent hose is very low on top of the motor, 14) sway bar is slightly turned, 15) The nut that holds the spider from the primary clutch has stripped off, 16) funky seat smell, 17) not actually running an actual walker evans shock. they probably bought the rights to walker evans, copied their shocks in china, and is mass producing them, 18) spark arrester screen and there was fiberglass packing from the muffler clogging about 1/3rd of it. It might explain why some people have their exhaust glowing red. These may or may not apply? Hope it helps? Good luck in decision? Which one you looking at buying...color that is?
Most of the things you listed are not problems. Or are only problems on a few machines.
#4 as an example,,, the top tender spring is going to be compressed all the way when parked. it extends when the suspension droops.

621 - 640 of 1482 Posts