Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

601 - 620 of 1482 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
So I call 5 dealers in my area to get mine in. Very first question ,did you buy it from us???
Answer-No response can't look at it for 2-3 weeks and you'll have to bring it in and leave it here. I ask if someone can just listen to the noise and see if its serious our maybe an educated guess. Nope 2-3 weeks then submit to Polaris and wait and see if its covered then if not they would charge me 1 hr diagnostic fee. ?????? So finally get a dealer 1 1/2 away to agree to just listen to the clunking noise. Get there today and same question where did you buy it. Same response as the others so II'm sure they could tell I was pretty pissed when I replied they should have told me that on the phone . Anyway after discussing it for a bit they finally called a tech to come listen. Yeah its clunkin they all do that. Not this much I replied. Well polaris aint gonna pay me to find it so just ride it till it breaks and then we'll fix it. What a dumbaass. I informed them that I tow long distances to rides and planned to tow to Glamis in december. Response??? Where's that? Told him Louisiana. LOL Dumbaass.I asked about the driveshaft issue. They all do that was the response. Drive it till it breaks and then we'll fix it. Dumbaass.
So needless to say I spent 2 days trying to get any help at all with no luck. Dealers around here are busy and could care less. My parts guy is a great guy and ran my vin for me to check on any recalls and is always very helpful. service dept no help at all. So guess I'll tow 1500 miles with the rear end clunking and driveshaft shaking. Very dissappointing . It would be alot better to do a simple preventative reapir instead of busting the whole trans and/or front diff. I know it takes awhile to get repairs done when shops are busy but how long does it take to do a visual and listen to a couple of noises? maybe 3-4 minutes. I even explained this is my 3rd rzr and I've ridden over 5000 miles in them. Whenever I mention common issues I usually get huh never heard of that. You should have seen their faces when I showed them pics of the shocks at 1 shop. Amazes me that 90% of the people on here know more the 99% of the dealers service departments. So I'll spend the time building my stereo so I dont have to worry about the noises anymore.
That is sad they say that. The dealership near me in the panhandle says the same thing. First question is did you buy it here. My response "does it matter? You're a polaris dealer and I have a polaris product" same thing, 1-2 weeks or longer. Of all places to check I called the John Deere house that is a dealer. The guy there gave me 0 hassle and they fixed my driveshaft recall in a day. A big plus is they listen to me when I talk to them about other possible problems and they are down to try to fix it. Don't give up, hopefully you find a dealer that is willing to actually work with you.

·
Registered
924 Posts
Guys, I'm not saying what I'm about to say to piss you off, but it is the cold hard facts.

Last summer I wanted a new Kubota BX2660 tractor with all the goodies. I checked dealers in a 200 mile radius for price and availability. I bought local and paid a little more for one simple fact-SERVICE IS REMEMBERED LONG AFTER THE SALE!!!

Our new XP1000, the dealer I got mine from seemed to be one of the last dealers to get one in and I was growing VERY impatient, but again, I remembered that SERVICE IS REMEMBERED LONG AFTER THE SALE!!!

My point is this-when you buy something, remember that you may need or want to utilize a service department after the sale and if you buy long distance-you might end up going long distance to get it worked on.

I'm a service director for 2 different Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram dealerships in north Alabama and constantly have to juggle service appointments for customers and when we are slammed and a customer that bought a car, truck, or SUV from us has to get bumped to the front of the line. It sucks and it sucks bad, but we have a obligation to our customers that buy from us. We work our asses off all day everyday to try to take care of everyone with equal time and care, but it doesn't always work out that way.

·
Registered
924 Posts
Calling out Magicmantx-------------

The 2 dealerships I work for also happen to own a Polaris store and a Chevy store. I'd be glad to get you a copy of the bulletin to fix the driveshaft yourself if you would like it.
As for the rear diff play-take 5 minutes and adjust your shift cable to add a little slack in it so the trans / rear diff can solidly lock into each gear and Park. Again-if I can help talk you through it-just let me know. I'm glad to help anyone if I can.
Gil

ps-the bulletin for the driveshaft is real straight forward and will only take you about 1 hour to perform.

·
Registered
4,105 Posts
Gil,
I just moved my link nuts 15 rounds forward, just over 1/8" and the clunk is gone.Shifting into gear is also more positive. Thanks for the tip

·
Registered
924 Posts
Gil,
I just moved my link nuts 15 rounds forward, just over 1/8" and the clunk is gone.Shifting into gear is also more positive. Thanks for the tip
Glad it worked for you. I fixed the 6th one today. LOL I'm not RZR super tech by any stretch of the imagination, but it seemed pretty obvious that the trans was not getting fully engaged into gear with the stock cable adjustment. I played with mine and found that to be fact and now every 1000 that has come into our dealership has had the same issue and is easily fixed by adding 1/8 to 1/4" slack into the cable.

ps- I really do get it-we pay 20K + for these new machines that have a warranty, we shouldn't have to work on them. But if your local dealer is slammed or worse, giving you shit because you bought elsewhere, fix it yourself. So far the only 2 issues that some are seeing that truly needs to be corrected at dealer is the bent shocks and leaking transmissions. As far as the rest of the little crap-fix it yourself and save all the hassle of hauling to dealer, waiting on dealer, hauling back home, and not really know what happened at dealer. LOL

It's a dam shame all you guys don't live close to Champion Powersports in north Alabama. LOL

·
Registered
510 Posts
So I call 5 dealers in my area to get mine in. Very first question ,did you buy it from us???
Answer-No response can't look at it for 2-3 weeks and you'll have to bring it in and leave it here. I ask if someone can just listen to the noise and see if its serious our maybe an educated guess. Nope 2-3 weeks then submit to Polaris and wait and see if its covered then if not they would charge me 1 hr diagnostic fee. ?????? So finally get a dealer 1 1/2 away to agree to just listen to the clunking noise. Get there today and same question where did you buy it. Same response as the others so II'm sure they could tell I was pretty pissed when I replied they should have told me that on the phone . Anyway after discussing it for a bit they finally called a tech to come listen. Yeah its clunkin they all do that. Not this much I replied. Well polaris aint gonna pay me to find it so just ride it till it breaks and then we'll fix it. What a dumbaass. I informed them that I tow long distances to rides and planned to tow to Glamis in december. Response??? Where's that? Told him Louisiana. LOL Dumbaass.I asked about the driveshaft issue. They all do that was the response. Drive it till it breaks and then we'll fix it. Dumbaass.
So needless to say I spent 2 days trying to get any help at all with no luck. Dealers around here are busy and could care less. My parts guy is a great guy and ran my vin for me to check on any recalls and is always very helpful. service dept no help at all. So guess I'll tow 1500 miles with the rear end clunking and driveshaft shaking. Very dissappointing . It would be alot better to do a simple preventative reapir instead of busting the whole trans and/or front diff. I know it takes awhile to get repairs done when shops are busy but how long does it take to do a visual and listen to a couple of noises? maybe 3-4 minutes. I even explained this is my 3rd rzr and I've ridden over 5000 miles in them. Whenever I mention common issues I usually get huh never heard of that. You should have seen their faces when I showed them pics of the shocks at 1 shop. Amazes me that 90% of the people on here know more the 99% of the dealers service departments. So I'll spend the time building my stereo so I dont have to worry about the noises anymore.
Every time a dealer asks me if I purchased it here I reply: No and you asking me that makes me not want to in the future. These dealers, IMO, are very low class.

·
Premium Member
7,974 Posts
Calling out Magicmantx-------------

The 2 dealerships I work for also happen to own a Polaris store and a Chevy store. I'd be glad to get you a copy of the bulletin to fix the driveshaft yourself if you would like it.
As for the rear diff play-take 5 minutes and adjust your shift cable to add a little slack in it so the trans / rear diff can solidly lock into each gear and Park. Again-if I can help talk you through it-just let me know. I'm glad to help anyone if I can.
Gil

ps-the bulletin for the driveshaft is real straight forward and will only take you about 1 hour to perform.
I have always done everything myself. I pulled my cover and my driveshaft is in phase. I greased it and that lasted maybe 4-5 miles. So don't think there's really anything else that can be done to correct it without replacing the shaft???
Mine seems to shift into gear fine but I will try the adjustment and see if that helps. I can put mine on the lift and rotate the tires back and forth and it seems like excessive play and will clunk both ways. Not sure whats going on with it but I'll give it a shot.

I have tried repeatedly to buy from the dealers locally but when theres over 2000 difference I'm going somewhere else. I buy all my accessories and parts from the closest dealer from me. Tires wheels etc so I do spend quite a bit of money there seems like they forgot that. I'm sure they made more profit from me than someone who buys their machine there and buys all their accessories online.

·
Registered
32 Posts
after completing 2 hours I changed clutch belt ???? Found its burned from sides.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using RZRForums.net mobile app

·
Registered
134 Posts
Brand new XP 1000 missing a spring spacer between upper and lower springs on front passenger side shock assembly. Dealer rush ordered me one and I should have it today, but it has been a painful 6-day wait with a brand new RZR 1000 sitting on my trailer and not being able to use if for fear of damaging something. Grrrrrrr! :rollfinger:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Just checked the spark arrester screen and there was fiberglass packing from the muffler clogging about 1/3rd of it. It might explain why some people have their exhaust glowing red.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Oooooooh! That was the first thing that went...;)

·
Premium Member
7,974 Posts
Adjusted my shifter cable and the clunking is better but not gone. It does shift much easier and easier to get in the gears without having to wiggle the shifter.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Just checked the spark arrester screen and there was fiberglass packing from the muffler clogging about 1/3rd of it. It might explain why some people have their exhaust glowing red.
I read your post and checked mine it had packing about 3/4 up the taper.

601 - 620 of 1482 Posts