Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
581 - 600 of 1482 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Has anyone had your transmission belt slip while under power landing a jump (2wd)? It was very abrupt feeling and sounding.
I've had this happen a handful of times until I do not get deep into the throttle until tires are on the ground.

Sent from my iPhone using RZRForums.net

·
Registered
3 Posts
Belt Squeal

I have a question on Polaris RZR 1000 CVT belt. My 1000 has 25 hours and I have followed the break in recommendations. From the very beginning I have noticed a squeal when starting in high gear with it stopping after reaching about 10 MPH. When starting in low gear I do not have any noise. Is this normal to get squeal when starting in high for a short distance? Will it go away after more miles?

·
Registered
417 Posts
Took mine in this morning with 310 miles. the howl was starting.

another member on his is howling also same miles but his is seal/bearing is good.

My seal/bearing on driven pulley was going out. part ordered will be here Tuesday

saw another 1000 with 9 hours both rear shocks bent. it appeared to be ridden hard

all covered under warranty

Had a howl coming from the clutch at low speed while accelerating and decelerating. Took it to my dealer, turns out it was a bearing in the clutch. Will be covered under warranty.
Good thing I read this. Mine was nice and quite until about 50 miles in and now I have a howl at low speeds. I will look into it. Thanks
Post what you find, last time out i started to notice a howl from the rear and low speeds also

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Took mine in this morning with 310 miles. the howl was starting.

another member on his is howling also same miles but his is seal/bearing is good.

My seal/bearing on driven pulley was going out. part ordered will be here Tuesday

saw another 1000 with 9 hours both rear shocks bent. it appeared to be ridden hard

all covered under warranty

Good thing I read this. Mine was nice and quite until about 50 miles in and now I have a howl at low speeds. I will look into it. Thanks
Post what you find, last time out i started to notice a howl from the rear and low speeds also
Both clutches appear to be fine.

·
Premium Member
7,974 Posts
My belt would squeal excessively when taking off in high gear or climbing a steep hill in low. I took off the belt and checked for grease in the cover. No grease so guess the seal is good. There was a fair amount of belt dust so i washed the belt and dried it also cleaned both drive shieves with alcohol and reassembled . No more squeal so far.

·
Premium Member
7,974 Posts
I am having a clunking when putting in gear in the rear end. Acts like slack in the rear driveline. Put it on the lift and there seems to be quite a bit of play. No sure if its a dry CV or play in the rear diff? With the driveshaft issue and this think I'll take it in next week to have it checked out.

·
Premium Member
7,974 Posts
I also went to DSO in Crosby TX today and drove the demo units again today. I discussed the issues with the Polaris reps and of all the demo units they are saying none have a driveline issue. I drove two different units today and neither had a vibration or noise. There was no play in the driveline either. Another thing I noticed was there was a noticeable difference in ride quality. I measured the shocks on both units and preload was set the same. They were also both set at 4 clicks from the softest setting front and rear. The white one I drove was perfect . The titanium was alot rougher riding.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I am having a clunking when putting in gear in the rear end. Acts like slack in the rear driveline. Put it on the lift and there seems to be quite a bit of play. No sure if its a dry CV or play in the rear diff? With the driveshaft issue and this think I'll take it in next week to have it checked out.
Let me know what they find. Kinda sounds like mine. It goes in gear but seems like there is slack somewhere when I start to move there's a clunk doesn't matter forward or reverse. I had caulked it off as normal??

·
Premium Member
7,974 Posts
Let me know what they find. Kinda sounds like mine. It goes in gear but seems like there is slack somewhere when I start to move there's a clunk doesn't matter forward or reverse. I had caulked it off as normal??
Yeah definitly not normal. I have checked several others that dont do it and slack is a good description almost like too much play in a cv or something.

·
Registered
924 Posts
Addressing NOT going into PARK-adjust your shift cable and it WILL cure it. Adjust it at the trans and adjust it so that you are moving the cable housing rearward about 1/8 to 1/4 inch and you will be golden. Every one I've ran across needs the shifter cable adjusted day one.

Gil

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Yeah definitly not normal. I have checked several others that dont do it and slack is a good description almost like too much play in a cv or something.
I have the "drivetrain slack" in mine also. It seems to be in the rear-end. My 900 felt a lot tighter than my 1000.

·
Registered
924 Posts
I promise you guys-If you will adjust your shifter cables the slack that you think is in the rear diff will go away. When you move the shifter into Park-it's NOT really putting the trans in Park. It's a 5 minute fix and might take a couple tries to get the adjustment perfect, but once you do, you will know it and all the slack that you thought was there will be gone.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I promise you guys-If you will adjust your shifter cables the slack that you think is in the rear diff will go away. When you move the shifter into Park-it's NOT really putting the trans in Park. It's a 5 minute fix and might take a couple tries to get the adjustment perfect, but once you do, you will know it and all the slack that you thought was there will be gone.
i understand but the clunking come back each time put the gas on from
idle in reverse or forward.not only one time after the shifter move in gear but every time with the shifter in gear

·
Registered
179 Posts
Sounds like an easy fix, I'll definitely give it a try! Any suggestions on cable adjustment?

·
Registered
924 Posts
Sounds like an easy fix, I'll definitely give it a try! Any suggestions on cable adjustment?
Yes, I had to adjust the cable HOUSING towards the rear of the RZR, ie: run the 2 nuts on the cable housing towards the front of the RZR. I would start by adjusting the nuts forward approx. 3 rounds at a time until it locks into park solidly several times in a row. Essentially you are putting slack in the cable therefore allowing the trans to go all the way into Park and at the same time it makes Low gear a lot easier to find and keeps it from jumping out of Low as well.

·
Registered
4,105 Posts
I also have same clunk when going from idle to engagement. I thought it was just poor design issue in transmission. I guess I will have dealer check it after camp RZR , otherwise unit is doing great. I did loose AWD but that was easy fix, the connector came of the back of the switch, I think it was not put back right after dealer replaced the dash under a warranty issue

·
Premium Member
7,974 Posts
So I call 5 dealers in my area to get mine in. Very first question ,did you buy it from us???
Answer-No response can't look at it for 2-3 weeks and you'll have to bring it in and leave it here. I ask if someone can just listen to the noise and see if its serious our maybe an educated guess. Nope 2-3 weeks then submit to Polaris and wait and see if its covered then if not they would charge me 1 hr diagnostic fee. ?????? So finally get a dealer 1 1/2 away to agree to just listen to the clunking noise. Get there today and same question where did you buy it. Same response as the others so II'm sure they could tell I was pretty pissed when I replied they should have told me that on the phone . Anyway after discussing it for a bit they finally called a tech to come listen. Yeah its clunkin they all do that. Not this much I replied. Well polaris aint gonna pay me to find it so just ride it till it breaks and then we'll fix it. What a dumbaass. I informed them that I tow long distances to rides and planned to tow to Glamis in december. Response??? Where's that? Told him Louisiana. LOL Dumbaass.I asked about the driveshaft issue. They all do that was the response. Drive it till it breaks and then we'll fix it. Dumbaass.
So needless to say I spent 2 days trying to get any help at all with no luck. Dealers around here are busy and could care less. My parts guy is a great guy and ran my vin for me to check on any recalls and is always very helpful. service dept no help at all. So guess I'll tow 1500 miles with the rear end clunking and driveshaft shaking. Very dissappointing . It would be alot better to do a simple preventative reapir instead of busting the whole trans and/or front diff. I know it takes awhile to get repairs done when shops are busy but how long does it take to do a visual and listen to a couple of noises? maybe 3-4 minutes. I even explained this is my 3rd rzr and I've ridden over 5000 miles in them. Whenever I mention common issues I usually get huh never heard of that. You should have seen their faces when I showed them pics of the shocks at 1 shop. Amazes me that 90% of the people on here know more the 99% of the dealers service departments. So I'll spend the time building my stereo so I dont have to worry about the noises anymore.

·
Premium Member
66 Posts
I've been hearing all over that there is a problem with the ground on the tail lights back feeding and the lights will stay on after the key is off and removed from the ignition. My buddy had this problem, lights were off at the end of the ride, and when we went to bed woke up the next day and the lights were on but very dim, battery was on its last little push right as we saw it.

581 - 600 of 1482 Posts