Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

561 - 580 of 1482 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
There has been an issue and a dealer fix for some driveline vibe ration in the drive shaft. Call your dealer and see I you are on the list based in your serial
#.

From memory late August or early September was when the build date was for the update from the factory, otherwise it is a quick fix at a dealer

·
Registered
15,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #563 ·
On my 1000 i have noticed it back fireing and getting hot, while bulding my rear winch plate i took out my spark arrestor and found that there was muffler packing stuff on the screen, i left the arrestor out and it seems to be running cooler, but still have the back fire issue. I talked to the dealer and they have told me that they belive there is a break-in map for the computer that runs the machines rich for the first 25 hrs -50 hrs they had no documintation on this but it was the only thing that made any sense to me why it would be back fireing. im going to continun to ride it w/ 5 year warrenty, but has me alittle worried.
Polaris told me there is no break in map.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Ok guess my rzr is just hot. Lol. Thanks for input guys. Just figured it would start to heat the plastic thats close to it. I just dont want any problems down the road.

·
Registered
53 Posts
When you first give it gas going slow it jerks in forward and reverse. I checked the belt and it looks fine(does the belt have anything to do with reverse or is it chain driven only?) Also have the issue getting it in park and reverse and popping noise coming from the back when going over bumps.

·
Registered
34 Posts
close to sea level. I live in Louisiana. What side is the shock on that people are talking about bending. I was looking and that glowing red pipe is inches away. Heat weakens metal right. Just a thought. I know 5hat it cant be good for it or the plastic that is inches away

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
close to sea level. I live in Louisiana. What side is the shock on that people are talking about bending. I was looking and that glowing red pipe is inches away. Heat weakens metal right. Just a thought. I know 5hat it cant be good for it or the plastic that is inches away
Depends on the metal. Beryllium is stronger at 3000 degrees than room temp. That's why they make jet rotors out of it.

One would hope exhaust pipe metal is designed to get hot.

·
Registered
924 Posts
I killed the right rear upper and lower radius rods this weekend. 30 HARD laps on a outdoor MX track racing and NO problems. 4 hours of EXTREME rock crawling afterwards and killed the radius rods. LOL I knew damn good and well when I looked at that last rock wall that I should have called it a day and gone home, BUT NO, I want to spend 500.00 in parts in the next 10 seconds!!! LMAO-Good news is- I DID MAKE IT UP THE WALL!!! LMAO

·
Registered
4 Posts
Bushings are shot in my secondary clutch. Causing it to not back shift. Warranty is covering the clutch. Only 199 miles on it. Does anyone know the differences between the 1000 secondary and the 900 secondary?

·
Registered
417 Posts
300 miles and so far just the vibration in front shaft, glove box irritation and a few fit and finish complaints. Worry about bending a shock but good so far.
tried greasing the zerk and it is a temporary fix but vibration and noise comes back.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Had a howl coming from the clutch at low speed while accelerating and decelerating. Took it to my dealer, turns out it was a bearing in the clutch. Will be covered under warranty.

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Had a howl coming from the clutch at low speed while accelerating and decelerating. Took it to my dealer, turns out it was a bearing in the clutch. Will be covered under warranty.
Good thing I read this. Mine was nice and quite until about 50 miles in and now I have a howl at low speeds. I will look into it. Thanks

·
Registered
209 Posts
Good thing I read this. Mine was nice and quite until about 50 miles in and now I have a howl at low speeds. I will look into it. Thanks
Post what you find, last time out i started to notice a howl from the rear and low speeds also

561 - 580 of 1482 Posts