Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 20 of 1482 Posts

·
Registered
15,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now that the XP-1000 machines are being delivered, we would like to hear if you have any problems with them.

Please post here if you have any issues, not created by abuse.
If you hit a tree or something like that, post the carnage in a different thread.

If an issue becomes known to be common, it will be posted in this locked thread for easy to find reference: http://www.rzrforums.net/rzr-xp-1000/119185-xp-1000-first-run-issues-fixes.html
:ride:

·
Registered
40 Posts
would like to know what is up with the crappy glove box doors?drove three different 1000's and they all three would not stay shut

·
Registered
205 Posts
My glove box door is a piece of crap.. Won't stay shut. Looks like when they shipped it the doors was lying against it and messed it up..

·
Registered
112 Posts
At the Taylor park demo rides, many of the seat sliders were not working.

Many people had trouble opening the water tight "phone compartments".

·
Registered
252 Posts
I had to take mine in for the fuel pump. It was making a loud high pitched sound. I will let you know the status when the dealer calls me.

·
Premium Member
10,054 Posts
yes glove box and seat slider no good..seat kept sliding backwards when riding hard..

·
Registered
128 Posts
My dealer during prep adjusted the rear shock springs wrong. They had the upper lightweight spring completely compressed with the nut. I just followed the manual instructions on how to adjust and now it's right.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Mine is making a strange clicking noise coming from the front. Rolling along about 20mph then accelerate to about 40mph, still clicking but not any faster on the clicking noise?

Have'nt seen the blue floor lights either, not evan sure if there are any?

·
Premium Member
10,054 Posts
Yes i have some noise in front end as well..

G

·
Mine is making a strange clicking noise coming from the front. Rolling along about 20mph then accelerate to about 40mph, still clicking but not any faster on the clicking noise?

Have'nt seen the blue floor lights either, not evan sure if there are any?
lug nuts tight?

Matt

·
Registered
15,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I say drive it and see if the clicking noise presents itself more clearly...

is it the fan on the radiator?
click in 2wd and awd?
when turning and going straight?

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
I went with my friend to pick his up. It had the same noise, luckily we were still at the dealer so in the shop it went. They actually pulled another unit out of the crate and started swapping parts. First the front drive line, no effect. Then the front Diff, no effect. Removed the front drive line noise is gone. Re-installed the drive line and noise is back. We drove it around the block with the center console out and you can watch the front drive line walk back and forth, looks like its welded off center. The shop is calling Polaris tomorrow to try and figure out what is going on and work on a repair. Ill let you know when I hear something.

·
Premium Member
4,381 Posts
:popcorn:

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
Duner2, sounds like you have an awesome dealer!! I don't see ours ever putting in that kind of effort :):)

Sent from my DROIDX using RZRForums.net mobile app

·
Registered
15,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I went with my friend to pick his up. It had the same noise, luckily we were still at the dealer so in the shop it went. They actually pulled another unit out of the crate and started swapping parts. First the front drive line, no effect. Then the front Diff, no effect. Removed the front drive line noise is gone. Re-installed the drive line and noise is back. We drove it around the block with the center console out and you can watch the front drive line walk back and forth, looks like its welded off center. The shop is calling Polaris tomorrow to try and figure out what is going on and work on a repair. Ill let you know when I hear something.
Thanks for the report.
Easiest fix might be to have a driveline shop cut it apart and re weld it true and have it balanced.
I know I couldn't sit and wait for a warranty claim, if it was something I could have fixed so I could go riding again.

·
Registered
15,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
The drive line is two parts. Was it just the front section they saw a problem with?
Or the back section that has the carrier bearing?

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
The drive line is two parts. Was it just the front section they saw a problem with?
Or the back section that has the carrier bearing?
We only removed the front section and the noise went away but it could have been the rear causing it. I was talking with the mechanic and he mentioned it could be because the carrier bearing is rubber mounted but the front Diff is solid and causing a weird harmonic with the Drive Line off just a little. That was all speculation and why they wanted to call Polaris before they dug any deeper into a brand new unit.

We were there from 11 am to about 3:30 or 4 pm on a Saturday. When we got there and he signed for the unit it had 1 mile, when we finally put it on the trailer 19 miles on the clock and 1.7 hours of test driving. The owner of the shop was doing the driving while his mechanic was siting on the passenger floor with the center console out trying to diagnose the problem.

This is the same dealer I bought my 900 from great group of guys, small shop, Very involved and great prices. I cant say enough about them.

·
Registered
15,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
It is great that they are trying to diagnose the problem.
Let us know what they come up with.

I know some of the early build 900xp had some issues with the prop shaft carrier bearing, but I thought the later builds had that solved. Some 900xp owners have installed aftermarket pillow block type bearings in place of the stock carrier bearing.

Polaris doesn't list a part number for just the bearing yet on the 1000xp:

Attachments

1 - 20 of 1482 Posts