Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Southern Indiana Hoosier
80 Posts
I am looking at replacing either the springs on the front of my standard 09 rzr or replacing the springs with the shocks.. e-bay offers springs with shocks (progrssive)..Is this a good way to go for 350 dollars or should I go with afgo expensive shocks and springs. My font bounces around on regular trails... the rear appears ok.:redrzr: ps the ones i'm looking at are 425 springs with shocks.

·
7,344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I am looking at replacing either the springs on the front of my standard 09 rzr or replacing the springs with the shocks.. e-bay offers springs with shocks (progrssive)..Is this a good way to go for 350 dollars or should I go with afgo expensive shocks and springs. My font bounces around on regular trails... the rear appears ok.:redrzr: ps the ones i'm looking at are 425 springs with shocks.
I would definitely go with the AFCO suspension personally they are a top notch setup! Give Steve at call at MakinTrax and tell him the kind of ride your looking for and he can hook you up. Going with the ones off of ebay are a way to heavy spring weight for the front if your looking for a smoother ride. If you have anymore questions feel free to give me a call at (812)574-7777.

Thanks,
Tyler
[email protected]
SuperATV.com
(812)574-7777

·
Registered
2,596 Posts
Great video, but what if I can't find hookless ratchet straps? Is there any other way this can be done at home?
Had to custom make my own, just remove the short end, and snip off the hook on the long end, and you are permanently set up with a set of spring compression ratchets. Found that three works just as well as four.

Another advantage of upgraded shocks, no more need for spring compressors.

(Not much need to replace springs anymore either :rofl3:)

·
Registered
409 Posts
You can also find those hook less ratchet straps at home depot. They are located around there clamps area. It's for clamping boxes or picture frames.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using RZRForums.net mobile app

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.