Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to all! This is my first post. I am new to the ATV world or recently new I should say. My last was a Tecate 3 wheeler. Currently own a Harley and looking forward to taking possession of a 2011 RZR 4!

I have tons of questions but I will keep this one short. I am looking at replacing the factory seats and restraints and would like some recommendations. I am leaning towards the FUTV seats in the attachment in blue. I also need some ideas on restraints 4 or 5 pt??, something that will secure my 5yr old and 11 and 12 yr olds. Something easy that they can get in and out of. Twisted Stitch has a child type bucket (for the little guy) that looks like it sits on top of the main seat (anyone have this?). Like I said I am totally new to accessorizing this type of ride so I welcome any opinions.

Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
Welcome rswansondive, I have the RZR 4 also. Are you going with four of the Twisted Stitch buckets or two and a bench - like in the photo?

I've got the same two buckets for up front (black w/ blue piping) and a matching bench for the rear. (seats 3 little guys)

I already had 5-points installed - I recommend them, but they can be a bit difficult with the smaller peeps.

The middle of the bench seat has a snugger seating position with the harness coming out lower and I installed a 2" harness there, the rest are 3". Nice thing about the 5 point, you can always opt to use 4 with the little guys if you snug up the waist belt nice and tight.

·
Registered
200 Posts
My sister has a car seat like you were asking about for my nephew. she got it from PRP seats and it seams to work great.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome rswansondive, I have the RZR 4 also. Are you going with four of the Twisted Stitch buckets or two and a bench - like in the photo?

I've got the same two buckets for up front (black w/ blue piping) and a matching bench for the rear. (seats 3 little guys)

I already had 5-points installed - I recommend them, but they can be a bit difficult with the smaller peeps.

The middle of the bench seat has a snugger seating position with the harness coming out lower and I installed a 2" harness there, the rest are 3". Nice thing about the 5 point, you can always opt to use 4 with the little guys if you snug up the waist belt nice and tight.
Thanks J thats what I needed, someone who has little ones and done it before.

I am going to run four buckets.

Do I need anything to bolt the seats or harness in, hardware, adapters, drilling etc?

Which harness do you have?

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
You will need to remove the plastic bases form the stock seats, OR you can buy steel bases from UTV Inc. that will utilize the latch from the stock base, also give an inch or two more headroom.
I have a slider on the driver's seat also, helps when we want to switch drivers...I'm 6'4", my wife is 5'2" ! :rofl3:

The bases bolt on to the seat bottom and then the seats snap into place just like the stockers. As you probably know, the oil dipstick is behind the right rear seat and you have to pull the seat to get to it. The harnesses make this task a lot of fun....not.

I bought the dipstick relocation kit to allow me to check the oil from the engine area by the rear tire. I wouldn't want to put off such an important item like checking the oil because I was too tired or lazy to pull a seat - besides, with the bench in there I know it will be an even bigger PITA!

I use RCI 5 point harness at the four corners and I have a Simpson 2" in the middle of the bench. The Simpson is much softer material and the pads have more cushion.....the kids like that one better. My wife may make me buy her a new one as well....the stiffer, racing harness chafes her shoulder even with the pad.

You can use the same hardware at the lap belt portion to anchor the belt. the fifth point (if you get that) will need hardware if it doesn't come with it. A grade 8 bolt, lock washer, nylock nut, etc. The shoulder harness' goes around the rear bar, snug it up nice and tight.

Good link for harness install instructions:

Pirate4x4.com - The largest off roading website in the world.

Have fun, be safe!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You will need to remove the plastic bases form the stock seats, OR you can buy steel bases from UTV Inc. that will utilize the latch from the stock base, also give an inch or two more headroom.
I have a slider on the driver's seat also, helps when we want to switch drivers...I'm 6'4", my wife is 5'2" ! :rofl3:

The bases bolt on to the seat bottom and then the seats snap into place just like the stockers. As you probably know, the oil dipstick is behind the right rear seat and you have to pull the seat to get to it. The harnesses make this task a lot of fun....not.

I bought the dipstick relocation kit to allow me to check the oil from the engine area by the rear tire. I wouldn't want to put off such an important item like checking the oil because I was too tired or lazy to pull a seat - besides, with the bench in there I know it will be an even bigger PITA!

I use RCI 5 point harness at the four corners and I have a Simpson 2" in the middle of the bench. The Simpson is much softer material and the pads have more cushion.....the kids like that one better. My wife may make me buy her a new one as well....the stiffer, racing harness chafes her shoulder even with the pad.

You can use the same hardware at the lap belt portion to anchor the belt. the fifth point (if you get that) will need hardware if it doesn't come with it. A grade 8 bolt, lock washer, nylock nut, etc. The shoulder harness' goes around the rear bar, snug it up nice and tight.

Good link for harness install instructions:

Pirate4x4.com - The largest off roading website in the world.

Have fun, be safe!
Exactly what I needed thanks

I have to switch to the bench after the wife asked "where do I sit"? Three kids plus me + 4 buckets = pissed off wife. Bench it is. I will have a look at the Simpson harness.

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
uh oh, remember...When Momma's happy, everyone's happy ! :ride:

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
pirate4x4.com is going to help you alot,it help me which will be the best harness.

·
Premium Member
602 Posts
If you are planning on using factory seats in the RZR 4 is it better to run the Y or H style shoulder Belts. I would think the H but would the Y help keep the shoulder harnesses closer together and not sliding apart on the bar?

Also do you need any addition mounting hardware for the lapbelts to mount to the frame or are the factory locations just fine? It looks like the rear needs to have the side removed like the regular RZR as well to get the factory seat bealt out. Is this true as well. Have founds lots of step by steps on this site for regular RZR but not the RZR 4

1 - 11 of 11 Posts