Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am needing a new front differential for my 2018 RZR XP 1000 EPS Rock and Trail Edition. I would like to buy one from SuperATV, but they aren't showing one with my oem number which is 1333791. Has anyone purchased a complete front differential from SuperATV? If so, what oem part number did you order it for?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have spoken to SATV on 2 different occasions and they told me since my oem number wasn't listed that they don't sell one to fit it. The funny thing is when I look under several different oem numbers the fitment shows that it will fit my TRE. I just would like confirmation before I shell out $1,000.

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
1333538, 1333791, and 1334181 are the TRE / HL diff parts numbers from 2017-2020, any of which would work, the differences between them being small changes in the output hub assemblies, but any of them would be interchangeable into the unit as a whole. I did just check the SATV site and even tho they list the 2017+ TRE in the fitment section, none of those OE numbers are actually present in the drop down menu, which is odd. I don't know who you talked to at SATV but if @SuperATV (Erik) can dig into for you, he'll get to the bottom of it.

·
Registered
737 Posts
I read somewhere that the TRE and Highlifter have slightly different front gear ratios. That may be the only difference between them, but it's a good reason to investigate the facts first.

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
I read somewhere that the TRE and Highlifter have slightly different front gear ratios. That may be the only difference between them, but it's a good reason to investigate the facts first.
They do have a different ratio, but you have to have the correct output set combination to mate up with those gears as well

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The seal came out on my last ride and all the fluids came out. Inside was full of metal shavings. I'm going to put on a new front differential and rebuild my existing diff so I can have a spare for myself or some of my riding buddies.

·
6,936 Posts
Still matching up numbers. Haven't forgot about you. Just need to get everything confirmed so I can make sure its all correct on the website.
BTW...there are a bazillion diff model numbers, and the OEM allocation is completely random. Going though the international models now to see if its in there. I'm sure we have it. Its just an oddball.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Not to hijack the thread but do we have other options as far as building a diff stronger? I know we can’t RS1 because of the gearing and I just installed one in a turbo and it’s tough but I’m wondering what my other options were especially if Superatv can’t find us something?

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
Not to hijack the thread but do we have other options as far as building a diff stronger? I know we can’t RS1 because of the gearing and I just installed one in a turbo and it’s tough but I’m wondering what my other options were especially if Superatv can’t find us something?
The case is the same, so you could use an SATV billet case and swap your internals over. And then I would add a sprauge cage, armature plate, roll pin, spring retainer, and bearings from Sandcraft, about the best, strongest, and most reliable you can get with the XPT / TRE diff

·
Registered
737 Posts
SATV billet case built with HD parts and TRE gears would be very expensive. I would want to assemble it with tight tolerances using shims and I don't know where you could buy them or if they are available?

If SATV can put that parts list together with a price I could live with for years of reliable service I would consider it to be the best option.

The two things I feel are the weak links in drive line components are the front diff and driveshafts. Axles are close 3rd, but solution exist for that.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts