Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2011 rzr s 800 and I can't get the secondary clutch off. I have removed the bolt and every where I have look say's that's all you have to do and the clutch should come off, but it's not. Am I missing something?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Give it a few taps with rubber mallet.

·
Registered
3,733 Posts
The primary clutch came right off, just removed the bolt. Did not need a special tool to get if off>
That's not good news! Check the tapers on your crankshaft and in your Primary to verify that they're not damaged or galled. If not, then you really lucked-out. The Primary, normally, should be on there tighter than a bull's ass, or damage will almost certainly follow. My two-bits.......

Cheers

·
Registered
3,733 Posts
I have a 2011 rzr s 800 and I can't get the secondary clutch off. I have removed the bolt and every where I have look say's that's all you have to do and the clutch should come off, but it's not. Am I missing something?
That's really odd! You may have to resort to using a large wheel-puller. Once removed, inspect the transmission-splines and clutch-splines thoroughly; you may find some rust on both (if you've been running water), which would explain the seizure. When re-assembling, use some anti-seize or waterproof grease on the splines. My two-bits...........

Cheers

·
Registered
79 Posts
I don't think the primary should come off that easy, should have to use a tool. The secondary on a 08 I worked on came off hard, I sprayed WD40 around the shaft and used a rubber dead blow hammer to break loose. The primary is the one on the motor.

·
Registered
3,733 Posts
On second-thought, I'm wondering if the O/P is confusing the Secondary with the Primary; then it would all make sense..........

Cheers

·
Registered
573 Posts
Yeah first you need to know which clutch is the "primary" and which one is the "secondary".
Primary is on the engine, the secondary is on the transmission. You will need a clutch puller for the primary.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I know which one is the primary and which one is the secondary. Thanks for the info I will try to put wd-40 on it and see if that works and let you know. I have had it in water a lot last summer so that might be why. The fact that the primary came of so easy concerns me

·
Registered
4,934 Posts
I know which one is the primary and which one is the secondary. Thanks for the info I will try to put wd-40 on it and see if that works and let you know. I have had it in water a lot last summer so that might be why. The fact that the primary came of so easy concerns me
Can you take a picture of the back-side internals of the primary and of the crank on the engine?
I'm interested to see what it looks like since it came off so easy.

As far as the Secondary goes; I'd tap it from the back while rotating it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I will take pics this evening and post. I got the secondary off finally with WD-40 and there was alot of rust on it. Thanks for the help. This thing is a pain in the but to work on.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ok guys, I am looking for the clutch puller for the primary clutch. There are so many different ones out there and none of them are for my 2011 rzr s 800. I can only find ones for a different year or not the "s". Can anyone tell which one is for my rzr? Oh and sorry bout the pix not able to upload from my phone. Thanks

1 - 15 of 15 Posts