Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,864 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
I have a non ebs primary and secondary clutch from 2010 standard RZR with very low mileage. Changed the clutch out to an EBS right after we got the RZR.

·
Registered
2,007 Posts
Why would you want to do away with it? It's a great feature. Works well when you get used to using it. I was unaware they stopped putting them in the rzr's

·
King of crash!
31,882 Posts
on polaris parts it says 09 le has 2 way bearing non braking same on sec.... but on s model it has one way bearing braking... so looks like the s has ebs not the le.

H

·
0 Posts
Yeah I think Johnny is right...no EBS on the LE, ie a 2 way bearing..
But as well all know they all have engine breaking as long as the primary is engaged..
If you don't like engine braking(im one of those that likes engine braking) you can get it to release sooner by raising the primary clutch engagement rpm...

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Why would you want to do away with it? It's a great feature. Works well when you get used to using it. I was unaware they stopped putting them in the rzr's
Us when we use it ,it's in winter time, when it's come icy and when we release the throtle the engine brake comes make us loose control, we alredy tiped because of that.

H

·
0 Posts
on polaris parts it says 09 le has 2 way bearing non braking same on sec.... but on s model it has one way bearing braking... so looks like the s has ebs not the le.
It depends on the build date, 09 standard and le models built early oct 08 and back do have very strong ebs. After that date polaris went to the newer non ebs setup.

Must be stronger only when the primary is engaged..I do see where they changed the secondary clutch in October..the primary doesn't show a oneway bearing though..so you could both right. It doesn't techically have EBS...but they all have engine braking while the primary is engaged..and that engine braking can be stronger depending on the secondary helix ect. Maybe he just needs the post oct secondary...looks like that is when they went to the new style secondary with the integrated helix?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts