Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, for those of you who have removed your engine, is it best to remove everything (engine+tranny+rear diff+trans case) as one piece as the repair manual states, or is it easier to just take the engine alone out?

·
Registered
6,016 Posts
X2...just the engine...you can easily have it out in three hours, even having not done it before, but beware...the Mount plate between the motor and trans has four 8mm bolts, and two bigger ones holding it together. The 8mm bolts on mine had red loctite on them and I stripped the head on the hardest one to get to. Take it from me....remove the starter so you can access that bolt better and you will have no problem, just use a six point socket, and be prepared because they are tight!

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Alright folks, got everything disconnected, but I can't get the engine to separate from the tranny. How do you do it?

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Alrighty, got 'er. Didn't know about the 2 nuts on bottom. Alrady got my new motor set in place and get to pull it back out again since the new motor didn't have the 2 studs in for the 2 nuts I couldn't find earlier!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts