Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Again -

I searched the site for the answer to this question and there were quite a few good ideas. None specific to this particular model so I hope no one minds the question.

I have a winch I'll be installing sometime in the future when it gets warmer outside. The winch came with a wired remote and a handlebar mount rocker switch. I am trying to determine the best spots to mount these. For the wired remote, the glove box, under the steering wheel, under the front hood and other places mentioned. One suggestion that I kind of liked was on the front driver side under the headlight on the little ledge that is there. I personally like this as it is clean and outside the vehicle.

Any other suggestions of better ideas?

For the handlebar mount, the best idea I have seen is to mount it to the shift lever.

Any other thoughts as to what to do with this switch? I don't think it will fit in a cutout.

Thanks again for the help -

MArk

·
1000S
5 Posts
Hi Again -

I searched the site for the answer to this question and there were quite a few good ideas. None specific to this particular model so I hope no one minds the question.

I have a winch I'll be installing sometime in the future when it gets warmer outside. The winch came with a wired remote and a handlebar mount rocker switch. I am trying to determine the best spots to mount these. For the wired remote, the glove box, under the steering wheel, under the front hood and other places mentioned. One suggestion that I kind of liked was on the front driver side under the headlight on the little ledge that is there. I personally like this as it is clean and outside the vehicle.

Any other suggestions of better ideas?

For the handlebar mount, the best idea I have seen is to mount it to the shift lever.

Any other thoughts as to what to do with this switch? I don't think it will fit in a cutout.

Thanks again for the help -

MArk
[/QUOTE
I put mine on the far left of the drivers dash, it is a mid point if you need to get, front or back, or have the passenger run it if you need two hands to get out of your jam. I dont like to be in front with the various cable perils.

·
Registered
2021 1000 XP
643 Posts
First of all, it's totally worth the extra few $ to order the matching dash-mounted rocker switch to control the winch. I didn't even bother with the handlebar mount switch which I believe is intended for ATV's.

I, too, had the conundrum of where to mount the receptacle for the hard wired winch remote. I prefer hard wired for reliability.

I did consider the same location you did (front right bodywork) because it would be convenient. However, decided to pass because removing the bodywork - usually just a matter of removing a handful of Torx screws - would go from easy, and convenient, to a PITA with electrical leads to disconnect and possibly rip out by the roots.

After a lot of thought, here's what I chose: the passenger storage box.

Here's the socket mounted inside the box:

The biggest reason I chose this is because it was easy. The contactor (solenoid) is in the dash space just behind the socket, so wiring was convenient, and it's actually pretty easy to get to when needed.

If I hadn't reserved the space for a future RAM ball mount, I would have been sorely tempted to place the receptacle into the dash space to the right of the storage bin - it is just around the corner from the contactor and has easy access when the dash plastic is removed.

All the best, James

·
Registered
21 Turbo S, 18 XPT Dynamix, 18 XP 1K
232 Posts
I would look at something like this.

·
Registered
2 Posts
super atv has 2 YouTube videos on winch install for rzr and one of them tells you how to wire a rocker switch

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just purchased my rzr about 2 weeks ago, but the PO placed the receptacle to the left of the steering wheel.

·
Registered
21 Turbo S, 18 XPT Dynamix, 18 XP 1K
232 Posts
OMG how can you read the warnings now! What if you forget how to use your seat belt? :eek:

Reactions: Sanman67
1 - 8 of 8 Posts