Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Administrator
50,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have finished the install of the + 8 kit from Reflex .I installed it on my 2015 Fox 1000 . With Shock Therapy's upgraded shock work .

Here's some info on the kit .

Reflex was founded by a group of engineers with over 20 years of experience in the automotive industry. The team mission was to develop Suspension Widening KIT that reinforces the chassis. The result is a patent (Application number: US 13/956,670) and new generation of Suspension Widening KIT.

The basic idea behind Reflex KIT is a set frame brackets made of ST52 steel installed on to the UTV chassis, the frame brackets are in charge for the increased 8 inch width while in a standard long travel KITs (not Reflex), longer A- arms replaces the OEM A-arms, the existence of longer A-Arms weaken the chassis by up to 30% and that is the main root cause for damaging the vehicle. Reflex is the only KIT available in the market that reinforces the chassis by over 150% while standard KITs weaken the chassis by 30%.

Reflex engineers mission was also to optimize between driver safety, vehicle performance and cost. The result is that no welding required during assembly, additional 8 inch added to the vehicle width - that fact reduces body roll by 80%, no shocks and A-Arms needs to be replaced while a standard Long Travel KIT requires shocks replacement that costs few thousand dollars.

The great thing about Reflex is that UTV owners can enjoy better safety, uncompromised performance of drifts & rock crawling, zero maintenance for much less money – simply best of all worlds!

A little video from today .

Some Desert Photos .

This Kit makes a 2 seater go over the whoops like a long wheel base 4 seater .You can drift the car at speed in the corners ,and never get it up on 2 wheels .Come out of off camber corners with ease .As expected it adds a tremendous amount of stability to the car . but it will push in the soft corners if you get off the gas . Keep your foot in the gas and it will behave just great .

It is a great alternative to a costly long travel kit .And I found with My shock set up it works perfect .And this kit is stout !

Lots more miles to put on the kit Stay tuned for more updates . :)

·
Premium Member
1,405 Posts
I want a ride! Looks like a nice kit.
Enjoy!!

·
Premium Member
646 Posts
makes me wonder if this would clear some of those 35 inch bfg kr2 tires if you had a rim with three inches of offset.
Then back to moab to break some more parts.

·
Premium Member
10,049 Posts
Very nice Frank, your making me want to keep my LT kit..

·
Administrator
50,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I know this is an older thread. I’m looking to get the reflex kit. How has it been for you in the past years. Would you say go with it or get a LT kit. I have shock therapy set up already on my 14 1000.
The reflex kit worked out good , It gave the car a lot more stability, It’s a well made kit and if you have already done your shocks it will save you some money over a LT . JMHO

·
Registered
4 Posts
The reflex kit worked out good , It gave the car a lot more stability, It’s a well made kit and if you have already done your shocks it will save you some money over a LT . JMHO
Thank you for your input. I’m more then likely going to pull the trigger

·
Premium Member
1,051 Posts
I hated it, had so many issues. Powder coat for 1 was garbage and chipping before I ever installed it, so I had to get it re-coated locally for some $400. Then I broke 4 of their axles to which I was told this has never happened before we have the strongest axles out there. The kit adds a lot of weight, seriously it is very heavy. The reality of the kit is it is just a widening kit, adding stability only. I would not call it a suspension kit like they do. I sold it for half the price used, cut my loses and bought a +6" long travel for just a little more than the reflex cost me originally and am way happier. No issues at all, no more broken axles and it handles way better with the long travel over Reflex. There's a reason you see no pro running this kit and only running long travel.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts