Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 20 of 234 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I called my dealer today to set up a std maintenance appointment for my 570 since I've got 1,200 miles on it and he said:

"Good news, we have a reflash available for it now."

Anybody else hear that one was available or is this old news and I missed it? (I searched but didn't see any chatter). Mine has always run great and I've had minimal backfire but the dealer said it should run better with the reflash. :question:

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I hope the dealer was right and I'm not getting anyone's hopes up for nothing but it came from the big guy himself so I assume it to be true at this point. We'll know soon enough.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
In generic terms, there is a pre-programmed set of instructions that control things like air/fuel mixture, timing etc. The programming is "flashed" to the ECU. A "reflash" is simply a new set of instructions and what most 570 owners have been waiting for is a reflash that will eliminate some backfiring issues that owners were having and maybe even get a wee bit more snort as the 570 runs lean with the original map that was flashed from the factory. There are alternative solutions like Alba Racing's fuel controller where you can change the mixture but if you're still under warranty you need to remove the controller before you bring it in for service. This would be a Polaris reflash if the dealer is right.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Did he mention if Polaris is charging for this? They should have done this a long time ago out the showroom.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Free for me as my machine is only 2 1/2 months old so it is under warranty. I would think this would be free regardless of warranty since it is a widely known issue and they acknowledged that with a reflash apparently... but I have been wrong plenty-o-times!

·
Registered
974 Posts
Free for me as my machine is only 2 1/2 months old so it is under warranty. I would think this would be free regardless of warranty since it is a widely known issue and they acknowledged that with a reflash apparently... but I have been wrong plenty-o-times!
Keep us posted please!

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You got it! I shouldn't have said anything yet, my appointment isn't until Monday. Now we're all going to be wondering all weekend long unless someone can get in to their dealer quicker than me into mine. :scared2:

·
Registered
37 Posts
yeah please follow up, i have a 2013 model and want to know if mine already has the reflashed ecu in it or does it apply to all of the 570s even 2013s

·
Registered
214 Posts
Yes please, my backfire'n is not that bad to me but wouldnt mind the fix if its free..

·
Premium Member
1,363 Posts
When Polaris had the show for the 2013s they mentioned that the 570 had a new program that corrected a few things. I bet the reflash is a update to the 2013 program.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Checked with the local dealer. They knew nothing about it. Doesn't supprise me though.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Local dealer is going to check mine today and let me know tonight when i pick it up. Ill let you all know if there is any change after Saturdays ride in the high mountains above Silverton.

·
Registered
385 Posts
good to know.
if possible, can you get a TSB bulletin number?
i'm sure entirely too many dealers will have no clue about it.

·
Jerky Boy
298 Posts
I hope this "reflash" addresses the stalling problem, It's driving me nuts! I can't believe Polaris let these 570's hit the lots with this problem.

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
Mine is going into the dealer Tuesday before my warranty is up. I have a small backfire but I don't stall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 234 Posts