Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In my haste to remove the warning stickers on the dash, I not only scratched them with a razor but dulled the paint with some 1000 grit w&d paper. In looking at the dash, it seems pretty easy to mask the outer edges of the dash and "repaint" the major part. So readers out there, please give me some ideas as to offsetting colors (mine is red), type of paint, or any other ideas that would cover the entire dash. I dont think that contact stickons would work because the entire dash needs to be redone. :redrzr:

·
Premium Member
2019 RZR XPT
1,214 Posts
If yours is red plastic and not painted plastic, a small torch and some finess can remove the scratches. Make sure the area is clean as any dirt will end up "in" the plastic.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Get in touch with Luke at ATV base camp and get one of his carbon fiber
dash kits I have one on my xp check him out he is a vendor here hope this
helps
Paul

·
Premium Member
1,073 Posts

Here are some photos of my aluminum dash with gauges. I used blue masking tape to develop the pattern, transfered it to cardboard and then located my gauges and screws. I used Stainless Steel socket head bolts and nyloc nuts. I polished the edges of the aluminum, masked it off with electrical tape and bead blasted the centers, then rinsed in lacquer thinner and clear coated the piece. I also added switches for additional lighting. I built a wiring harness on a piece of plywood so my wiring was in order and then wrapped it in black tape so as not to create any rubbing on the back of the dash. i used shrink wrap on the connectors to make them a little more moisture proof and help cut down on any corrosion.
Enjoy and thanks for looking

Later ,Trashpicker.

·
Premium Member
1,073 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts