Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

Registered
Back when I did my front diff repair, I used ARP 662-1002 bolts They are 10 X 1.5 X 25mm long.

The bolts that came in my sand craft kit are 10 X 1.5 X 25mm long. They also have a washer.

A 25mm long bolt will work. Make sure to use a washer on the bolt.

The hole depth on my front diff was 28mm. You still have the thickness of the frame and the washer so 25mm long bolt will be just fine.

Link to my front diff thread repair

Still, double check your depth on your bolt holes on your diff before you run a longer bolt in. Don't just assume a longer bolt will go in. That 12 year old Chinese girl running the milling machine might have not cut one deep enough. Stick a tooth pick up in there and mark it. Measure the depth to verify.
Thanks. This is exactly what I was looking for, a starting place to grab a couple bolts before I tore everything apart on the off chance that things actually work out right. Thanks again for the help.

Registered
That 12 year old Chinese girl running the milling machine might have not cut one deep enough. Stick a tooth pick up in there and mark it. Measure the depth to verify.
馃槀馃ぃ
You know they used a toothpick to calibrate that machine!! It's got to be as accurate as the driveshaft phase and balance machine for those tractor PTO shafts.............

Maybe Quality Control is on a mission finding band-aids and reading our post to fix it as we type this stuff... NOPE Wishful thinking again

Registered
Just posting this up for everybody's information-

Just installed my SandCraft shim kit on the front diff. It is tapered. Thin on the leading side, thicker in back towards the pinion stub.

Not going to post the measurements. Its their design.

Its a very nice shim. Its stamped which side is top/front so you know which way to put it in.

Premium Member

Registered
About 10 minutes. Remove the back bolts, loosen the front two. Grab an axle and lift the diff. Slide it in and use a phillips screwdriver to align the holes.

Install the longer bolts in back and tighten it up.

Premium Member
Looks Like Sand Craft dropped the price a bit... Great find Rockymtn5280 Just ordered about 5 of these up.. a few Christmas presents that my son's will enjoy.

Registered
Hopefully they send all 5 at once for the same shipping price.

When I got mine, good lord!!!! the shipping on just one was $18. Kinda pissed me off but, its a nice product.

They could have stuck it in an envelope with 2 forever stamps and mailed it.

Premium Member
Yes I agree- I did ask when I ordered that the shipping was as much as the product- so they tossed all into a flat rate and cost me $10.40..
I noticed on their website it defaults to the $18.00..and I thought that was insanity. middle of the pack it's 10.00 flat rate

21 - 29 of 29 Posts