Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all I’m new to the forum and also to Polaris RZR group. I bought a Polaris RZR 1000XP and was wondering if I can go straight to the dunes and ride with paddles or if I need upgrades before I go, I mean I’ll upgrade once the bank account refills but until then any quick and cheap upgrades for riding on the dunes or if it’s a 100% can go now. Thanks Again

·
Registered
111 Posts
Go now & have fun . Unless there are tall dunes I don’t even bother taking the time to put the paddles on. Just lower the air pressure in the tires to around 6psi and get use to the dunes then put the paddles on and feel the big difference in getting up the & over the dunes. I bought a 2011 900xp years ago and have fun with it. It’s enough power for trails rides just wish I had the 1000 to get up the taller dunes. Ride around in low gear for awhile before going into high to warm up the drive belt and don’t push it hard for more than a half hour or you’ll burn the drive belt up. I use to burn up a belt about every 3rd trip cause I’d play too long . I’ve installed a heavier clutch system and have doubled the life of the belt. So carry tools & a spare belt! Have fun...

Sent from my iPhone using RZRForums.net

1 - 2 of 2 Posts