Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2018 RZR XP 1000. I am looking at rear windshields. I have a ram mount on the center of the bar with a go pro on it. I know the stock is mounted towards the inside so I would have to remove that. I guess I am looking for suggestions on what else is out there you guys suggest and I guess if I have to move my gopro I will find another location for it? Also any pictures would be great but obviously not required.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
The Polaris one does mount on the inside , thing I don’t like is the rattle ! Wish they made one that was glass with a small frame , most restrict visibility

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
555 Posts
EMP mounts outside on the XPs.
Has rubber mount that holds it in place. No rattles.
Also a gap at the bottom cross bar make harnesses fit well.

My issue with them was the one I had few years back scratched up real easy.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I have an Axiom. It zip ties on the inside. It also goes all the way to the bottom of bodywork. You can get it with or without cut outs for belts. It's lexan.

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
EMP mounts outside on the XPs.
Has rubber mount that holds it in place. No rattles.
Also a gap at the bottom cross bar make harnesses fit well.

My issue with them was the one I had few years back scratched up real easy.

The EMP (Extreme Metal Products-a vendor here) is the one I will be ordering. I have their half front windshield and it is great. Easy on and off, great fit, very little dust collection, and with proper care no scratches at all.

They do offer a forum discount so be sure to call and ask for it

Marv :ride:

·
Premium Member
1,263 Posts
Run a front windshield not a back and as soon as the weather gets good enough lose the front a get full flow ...IMO....I have tried the whole deal and the only real good investment is the front ..unless you are riding all winter in the deep snow

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I never followed up with this post I went with the Ryfab. I love it also after a year and a half later. I always get lots of compliments. Here are some pictures to show off some of the adventures the rear Ryfab windshield has gone on thus far. I don't care what anyone says it keeps the dirt on the outside, I don't get hot and it keeps bad weather out. I also keep warm in the wintertime when I put the upper doors on. I ride year-round
RZRREAR.jpg
RZRREAR2.jpg
RZRREAR3.jpg
RZRREAR4.jpg
RZRREAR5.jpg
RZRREAR6.jpg
RZRREAR7.jpg
RZRREAR8.jpg
RZRREAR9.jpg
RZRREAR10.jpg

·
Registered
859 Posts
Try Fred at sxs windshields. Great service and windshields. He has one for the click 6 belts also. Try a double suction ram mount for your gopro if you end up with a glass windshield, I've used one for my 10 inch Samsung tablet mounted on my front glass windshield for nearly 3 years without any problems.
Dwight

·
Registered
545 Posts
Try Fred at sxs windshields. Great service and windshields. He has one for the click 6 belts also. Try a double suction ram mount for your gopro if you end up with a glass windshield, I've used one for my 10 inch Samsung tablet mounted on my front glass windshield for nearly 3 years without any problems.
Dwight
I second Fred at sxs, great windows (y)

·
Registered
47 Posts
Dwight
Fred also gets my vote. I have both front and rear and love them,real glass.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts