Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a pro r ultimate and running the front glass windshield. The dust is pretty bad in the cab, wondering if anyone with a 2 seat has put a rear window in with a front windshield and if it helps? I know the previous models a rear window helped.

·
Registered
42 Posts
i have 22 premium with full glass windshield and rear poly back window. I have had it that way since I got it, not sure if the back helps but everyone said f you get full front get the back also. I ride in some very dusty areas and I get some dust in the cab, I never seem to be in the lead so I get a lot of dust But it seems to be margin. When I donot ride behind someone it’s a lot less dust. i also have a fan in the ceiling and that helps a lot. I don’t think you will ever get away from dust in the cab so I quess it what you can tolerate and I can handle what dust gets in the cab. I wear a dust gator if need be.

not a full answer to your question but I hope it helps.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Yes Polaris front and back. my wife don’t think it’s to bad, she likes the fan.
we ride in PA at the Anthracites trails FRO lot of coal dust on dry days. Your machine will be black at the end of day.

·
Registered
329 Posts
I've had the best luck with a half windshield and the rear screen from Motoroof. I also run a full windshield at times when it's cold but I always have the rear screen installed. With this setup, the dust is able to pass through the cab vs. being trapped between two solid pieces and swirls. I'm running a Turbo S 4 but obviously the concept is the same.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the replies.. I will check into the screen also. It’s pretty hot here in Arizona so the screen might be the go to.. my brother in law has a rear screen on his pro xp 4 seat and he says it works well. But 2 seat cars in the pro r might be different.

·
Registered
180 Posts
If the PRO R is like the PRO XP, try putting tape over the drain slots in the sides of the floorboards.

For me, and running factory front and rear windshields, taping over the drain slots in floorboards really helps with dust in cab.

Removing tape and washing machine, I get reminded really quickly if I have forgotten to retape over drain slots.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm a VERY new to the whole SxS thing, have had a quad for years and years, but wanted something the grandkids could ride in, legally on the backroads. I have both fron and rear, with metal half doors, and it is just as dusty in there as it was on my quad. TERRIBLE. But it is what it is. I'm not gonna give it up because of a little dust. LOL. Especially when my 3 year old grandson RUNS to it to go for rides. LOL

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a pro r ultimate and running the front glass windshield. The dust is pretty bad in the cab, wondering if anyone with a 2 seat has put a rear window in with a front windshield and if it helps? I know the previous models a rear window helped.
I had a full windshield on my rzr with no rear screen ...it was a dust bowl inside the cab. (I ride in Arizona) I switched to a half windshield and it seems to help quite a bit. Plus, it's much cooler with the breeze now blowing on me. Now, the biggest dust problem is keeping the dust out of the air cleaner box and the clutch housing.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Not sure how the news bikes are built but my 2010 800S has not only the front and rear shields but I also cut and installed block offs below the seats using pond liner I got from Home Depot. I also installed a cab block which goes where the floor boards come up and meet the dash. It was sold as such and looks the same as the gasket that comes with the windshields. Alot comes from underneath. I ride pretty clean!

·
Registered
4 Posts
NOSaintBuggy. That is a great idea. I am going to have to look into doing that. It would be nice to not have to totally wash it after every single ride, not to mention all the grit and dirt that is in my hair, and all over my body from going for a 3-4 mile ride on backroads. I don't even go offroad with it, and still it gets full inside the cab area. Mine is a 2014.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts