Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all! I've got a bit of a problem that I can't seem to figure out. I have a 2019 XPT 4. I recently installed SuperATV's boxed high clearance radius rods, high clearance trailing arms and +2" a-arms.
Upon completion of the install, I noticed that my rear tires are running toe out. I originally adjusted my radius rods to factory specs. I installed them with the factory trailing arms and everything looked great. Once I installed the new trailing arms my tires were toe out 2" over all. I made every adjustment possible. Pulled the tires and radius rods off at least 2 dozen times making adjustments and driving the machine after each new setup. I finally got the tires to sit right around and inch of toe out, but any adjustment either way it just gets worse. Am I missing something? Or is it possible the trailing arms are not what they should be? Nothing is bidning up, install was a breeze and the camber looks great! If my math is correct, with an inch difference from front to rear of tire each tire should be .5" out, correct? Is this a bad thing?

I will add that my shocks have been resprung and I'm currently sitting on 34" terrabites. Could my shock and tire size have anything to do with it?
Any input is appreciated! I'm no stranger to SXS's and and have done all of my maintenance, repairs and upgrades. But this one has me stumped! TIA!
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire

·
Premium Member
432 Posts
Your ride is probably sitting a little bit higher in the rear after the new springs. Try taking toe measurements with 2 people sitting in the car, roll it around after they get in to settle it first. Also check the bushings for the trailing arm pivots, there might be 2 different size bushings to offset the pivot. I have the same rear tire toe issues and don't know why, I did springs, trailing arms, portals and radius rods at the same time so not sure which one contributed to this. I have read that rear tire toe out is designed into these machines to help with handling. I noticed when bridging a large washout the toe out helps keep the tires climbing the sides and not slipping down into the crevice. The looks bothered me at first but now i just run it.

·
Registered
2020 Polaris RZR Pro XP Premium
1,872 Posts
Hello all! I've got a bit of a problem that I can't seem to figure out. I have a 2019 XPT 4. I recently installed SuperATV's boxed high clearance radius rods, high clearance trailing arms and +2" a-arms.
Upon completion of the install, I noticed that my rear tires are running toe out. I originally adjusted my radius rods to factory specs. I installed them with the factory trailing arms and everything looked great. Once I installed the new trailing arms my tires were toe out 2" over all. I made every adjustment possible. Pulled the tires and radius rods off at least 2 dozen times making adjustments and driving the machine after each new setup. I finally got the tires to sit right around and inch of toe out, but any adjustment either way it just gets worse. Am I missing something? Or is it possible the trailing arms are not what they should be? Nothing is bidning up, install was a breeze and the camber looks great! If my math is correct, with an inch difference from front to rear of tire each tire should be .5" out, correct? Is this a bad thing?

I will add that my shocks have been resprung and I'm currently sitting on 34" terrabites. Could my shock and tire size have anything to do with it?
Any input is appreciated! I'm no stranger to SXS's and and have done all of my maintenance, repairs and upgrades. But this one has me stumped! TIA! View attachment 696618
Ask @SuperATV on here, or call them. They have great product support.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My rear wheels toe out also. Seems driver side more so than passenger. Just figured that is how it is designed.
Same! Driver side is definitely toed a little more. My biggest worry is tire wear. My tires have zero miles on em. I just don't wanna chew em off on my first ride out. Do you get any weird wear or handling at higher speeds?

·
Premium Member
139 Posts
Same! Driver side is definitely toed a little more. My biggest worry is tire wear. My tires have zero miles on em. I just don't wanna chew em off on my first ride out. Do you get any weird wear or handling at higher speeds?
No problems yet. I just had first service so not many miles yet.

I have Rzr Aid springs, so my height is higher also.

·
Premium Member
139 Posts

Any input is appreciated! I'm no stranger to SXS's and and have done all of my maintenance, repairs and upgrades. But this one has me stumped! TIA! View attachment 696618
On a side note. It looks good.

·
Registered
3 Posts

One inch of toe out is not acceptable!
Not only will you scrub the rubber off your tires, your gas mileage will suffer.
sliding around corners will be affected as well.
(Tighter radius)
If your on asphalt all these symptoms will be compounded.
Your rear tires should be parallel and your buggy should roll smooth and effortlessly.
Fix it!

·
Premium Member
365 Posts
Definitely check your ride height. Your not gonna wear out those terrabites on your first ride... those things wear like iron.
Dad has 32's and has close to 2k miles on them and still tons of tread left.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
One inch of toe out is not acceptable!
Not only will you scrub the rubber off your tires, your gas mileage will suffer.
sliding around corners will be affected as well.
(Tighter radius)
If your on asphalt all these symptoms will be compounded.
Your rear tires should be parallel and your buggy should roll smooth and effortlessly.
Fix it!
Ride height is definitely my problem. I've got MTS springs, so my car sits like 4 inches higher than stock with zero preload. I can't lower it unless I undo the work I've done. Lol.
I took it out for a test ride around down, it drives straighter than it did stock. I noticed a little bit of over steer and it is definitely scrubbing the rears.
With the stock trailing arms, the tires were still slightly toed in as they should be. I'm not sure what to do at this point.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Definitely check your ride height. Your not gonna wear out those terrabites on your first ride... those things wear like iron.
Dad has 32's and has close to 2k miles on them and still tons of tread left.
Great tires! I had 3,500 hard miles on my last set and they still had some tread left. I actually sold em for $300. I definitely don't want to destroy these new 34s.

·
Premium Member
365 Posts
Sheesh I’m at 20 1/2” with 4” portals and 35 zillas on my pro

Reactions: UtahRZRDude801

·
Premium Member
26 Posts
Ride height is not the full issue here. Mine has the same issue on the drivers side, even with the suspension exaggerated the other direction in ride height. Crazy part is that the passenger side is 1/16" toe in. In order to correct the toe out, the driver side trailing arm on mine would have to be attached about an inch toward the center of the car or bent more aggressively to match the needed angle. I have litterly spent hours mocking up the suspension to see what would fix it and it all points back to there.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Just a quick update! I talked with Super Atv. Sent them some pics and without hesitation they shipped me a new set of arms. They want me to send the other set back so they can inspect them. They suspect the geometry is way off where the hub bolts up. First class customer service.
Last night I put my stock trailing arms on so I could ride this weekend. The rear end looks great! Toe in 1/4" and drives as straight as an arrow.
I appreciate everyone's input!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts