Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seriously has anyone every seen this happen. The swaybar just ripped! Is this from the added stress with the 2" lift? I guess its time for another upgrade. Who has the best (not just the highest $) rear swaybar for a standard RZR?

Attachments

·
eternal noobie
239 Posts
nice damage!

I switched to the ATR rear sway bar...got some GOOD testing in this weekend, and if you do high-speed stuff, having the rear sway bar definitely helps with the cornering. The rear bar does hurt the ride and the articulation....so if you are a more 'social' rider then it may not be needed at all.

The ATR also has disconnects, which is perfect for me...combines the cornering I need for high speed runs with the no-bar articulation for the rocks.

·
Registered
2,062 Posts
damn...you should get a prize for that one

swaybars work by tension - they get twisted as the vehicle leans. yours just couldnt take the twist anymore. if it isnt a few years old (or even if it is) i would say you got a weak piece...especially since it broke at the bend.

you can remove it and see what you think. if you run at mostly lower speeds you probably wont even notice it is gone.

·
Just kidding!
10,757 Posts
Steve from makkin trax told me to take it off and I didnt want too.After I took it off I never went back.I ride some high speed desert runs sometimes and it works good without it.I think on fire roads it might be better maybe.

·
Registered
254 Posts
A buddy of mine did the exact same thing to his rear bar, it looked identical to yours. He had a 2" Rubberdown lift and nothing else.
He now rides with only the front bar and I ride with only the rear bar. We are very equal in articulation. I tried with both bars removed and it was scary at high speeds.

Vince

·
Registered
13 Posts
this has happened to all 3 of our rzr over time, none of them are lifted or anything all stock suspension wise.

·
Registered
406 Posts
If you are a good and confident rider take the sucka off and pitch it. If you like to ride a wee bit squimesh buy another one and put it back on. Maybe not push as hard as you have been doing.

·
Geezer with Joey
519 Posts
If you are a good and confident rider take the sucka off and pitch it. If you like to ride a wee bit squimesh buy another one and put it back on. Maybe not push as hard as you have been doing.
Hey Geezer, Bet you're riding as hard as ever!

·
Registered
191 Posts
yep mine looks exactly like that! no lift and stock size tires. Happened on the 1st day of a 2 days trip to Hatfield McCoy trails. I took the rest of it off and haven't looked back since!

·
Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well It's been off for two weeks and I definately need a replacement. Trails around here are off-camber and it gets a little tipsy. One thing I will never do is slow down my driving to save my vehicle. If it breaks fix it with something stronger!! As long as your not wrecking all the time, your driving is fine. Only hit 1 tree in 1200 miles on the thing. Either I'm a very good driver, or not driving hard enough.

I'm interested in the one from Rath. I just need to talk to them and see if it comes with or they sell adjustable endlinks for it. The ITI is a bit pricey and doesn't appear any better. ATRs doesn't look much different than stock. Not sure how it would be adjustable.

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
We have been running the Rhino's without them and they work great. Now we have the RZR 50" and that thing scares the crap out me. There not much articulation with them on.
I think we will remove them and see how they work.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts