Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got to do another ride today and even after adjusting the rear suspension it still sucks....,bad definitely gonna order up some springs

·
Premium Member
1,034 Posts
The springs are only 1/2 the problem..sacked out tenders from day one.pogo stock mains and loosing ground clearance when you back them all off....
The valving on these stock shocks is really sub-par/ and a rebuild/re-valving is night and day to just adding springs.

Remember that polaris doesn't know if 2 large people are riding in these..so it is set-up pretty stiff to encompass all the bases...

Ed the suspension guy ( pound sand on here) can really fix you up.

·
Registered
510 Posts
If you have the Fox or Walker Evan shocks you should get a set of Dual Rate springs all around and you'll have a better ride with added ride height. I run racer tech heavy on mine. I hear Shock Therapy is also a good company, and they also can do shock work. Make sure your shocks are not leaking as well. Good luck!

·
Premium Member
7,281 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You might consider a new set of shock/spring combo from any number of suppliers, too. On the budget side, Ted at www.banditutvsuspension.com knows his stuff. Higher end, there is ZBroz, Shock Therapy, RtPro, and a host of others.
Good reading here: https://shocktherapyst.com/the-truth-about-dual-rate-springs/
good reading.checked out pricing and being as I have other things on table right now,parts wise the RZR aid system looks like a good choice for the price point

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
just ordered the RZR aid tenders,seemed like a no brainer when I called they said if I didnt like them just send them back for a full refund,winner winner beer dinner!!!!

·
Premium Member
7,281 Posts
You'll like them. But you'll realize you could have done the same thing DIY for half price.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You'll like them. But you'll realize you could have done the same thing DIY for half price.

How so been reading tons about suspension on here. On a lighter note after todays ride my tenders are completly collapsed.

·
Premium Member
7,281 Posts
Tenders are supposed to be collapsed at normal riding conditions. Their purpose is to keep the Springs seated and in proper position when the suspension goes full extended and you're airborne. The RZR Aid springs convert you to a semi dual-rate system without divider rings, same as the RtPro setup.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
got the RZRaid system installed yesterday my ride height measurments before install were at 12.5" front and a stellar 11" rear.The kit did come with divider rings for the front,rear already had them.My ride height now sits at 13" front and 12.5" rear took her for a ride around the neighborhood and does not feel as sloppy,gettin ready to load up and head to Snowshoe Pa for a day of riding to test it out as well as testing my new windshield and back window callin for rain all day..... HOLLA!!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts