Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My rear springs are starting to sag. Right now I can not afford new aftermarket springs. Which way do I turn my adjustment to gain a ground clearance? Clockwise or counterclockwise. I read the manual but do not understand preload etc. Thanks

·
Aspiring Perfectionist
4,685 Posts
My rear springs are starting to sag. Right now I can not afford new aftermarket springs. Which way do I turn my adjustment to gain a ground clearance? Clockwise or counterclockwise. I read the manual but do not understand preload etc. Thanks
Clockwise, toward the bottom of the shock. In the rear, turning it down 1" will raise the machine about 1", in the front, turning it down 1" will raise the machine about 2".

Spray some penetrating lube on the threads before you adjust, In the rear you can jack the machine up a bit, just to where there's just a small load on the springs, loosen the top lock ring just a hair, then just turn the springs and the adjustment nut will likely turn with the springs, then run the lock nut back down when you're done. Don't forget your machine will seem very high when you set it down off the jack, and will settle when you roll it about 15-20' ( or drive it ).

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I can not get the top nut loose. Can I still adjust the spring? It seems like it will move.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Good info, set springs equal left to right and measure this setting. Write it down in maintenance log. There are some guidelines in the manual so check those setting for your machine. Crank them down an inch or so, but don't over do it. Stay within the guidelines for best performance and to avoid spring bind.

See post 20 here...

·
Aspiring Perfectionist
4,685 Posts
I can not get the top nut loose. Can I still adjust the spring? It seems like it will move.
You can try, they may come down together, they may not. You can use a hammer and punch to break that top nut loose, it will need to turn counter clockwise to loosen it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts