Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want something that will get me out of whatever it is that I've gotten myself into. Who makes a good winch and rear mount? I've searched and really only found a thread with a guy that had problems with his. I have a SuperATV rear brushguard if that matters.

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
There are a few ways to go backwards with a front mounted winch;

One requires that you carry all the needed hardware.

Winch backwards with a front-mounted winch

The other, go under the vehicle. The fairly smooth bottom of the RZR should help in this case.

Winching Backwards

(Ironically, it was getting passed by a bunch of RZRs at a washed out desert road while in my Land Rover that made me buy my RZR :rofl3:)

I don't think either is much fun to do on a regular basis. :rollfinger:

·
Registered
633 Posts
Running a front mount winch under your rzr while in a mud hole is no treat. Running it over your front bumper and between the seats sucks too because it will cave in your front bumper "Been there, got the t-shirt". A good tow strap and a buddy is all you need. It's not good practice to go biking by yourself anyways.

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
I think if you ran a dual exhaust (like Barker) you could mount a rear winch fairly easily. I thought about doing this myself. I have not done any measuring but I think it would work.
Ken

·
Registered
336 Posts
I have a front receiver and rear receiver with winch mounted on a pro armor winch mount. I ran power wires front and rear wired to the contactor so that winch switch will power both. I put a slight elbow on stock exhaust pipe so exhaust will not blow down on winch as I have syn. rope. This has worked for me a number of times.

·
Registered
459 Posts
I have a front receiver and rear receiver with winch mounted on a pro armor winch mount. I ran power wires front and rear wired to the contactor so that winch switch will power both. I put a slight elbow on stock exhaust pipe so exhaust will not blow down on winch as I have syn. rope. This has worked for me a number of times.
smart - we have the front/rear multi-mount winch on our Ranger, and I added a front receiver on the RZR so i could use the same winch for both vehicles

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.