Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey 570 people,
Just found this today while wrenching and It does not look right.
No issues, no leaks but I would like to know if your machine does the same. (2018 EPS)
Thank you for your time.
Does yours move/ wiggle if you were to grab it and try to move it?
Edit:
TY Scoundrel, just did my first video upload.
Hope it opens and I can get some feedback

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
They should stretch and compress the long way along the shaft to allow the suspension to droop. There should not be movement in any other direction. Video would be most helpful with this. Maybe load it on YouTube and post the link here.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you to Scoundrel and Hondaracer for taking the time to reply.
I posted my findings to get get feedback from fellow 570 owners.
4 days and 147 views later I have 2 people responding.
That is so weak : (
If this site is to help each other out then we need to try to reply with our 2 cents.
I agree with Scoundrel but Hondaracer says that's how it is. I am fine if it is how the machine is but with two conflicting views I do not have enough information to to know if my 570 needs work.
Help a fellow wrencher out

·
Registered
141 Posts
Would you rather people who don't know the answer giving you the wrong answer? Perhaps the others reading this thread don't know the answer either and are curious what the correct answer is.

I would run it and not worry about it. Alternatively, you could go ahead and replace the rear gearbox and both CV shafts...but I wouldn't.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
4x4rider, Thank you.
With enough opinions we can draw a conclusion, no expert needed just participation. I like to be proactive so I fix something when its messed up to try to avoid a breakdown.
Now we are up to 167 views.
If 167 people grabbed the axle and reported, we would know the answer to what is normal.

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
Here's the deal, the same issue happens to the front shafts on pretty much all rzr's. The inner cv joint splines wear and then you get movement. I replaced both of my inner cv's and the output hubs in my diff cost around $500 or so. It did fix the issue for about 1000 miles. Then it was back to wobbling cv's. Been running it that way for 2000+ miles now. You can try new axles, I'm sure it will help some at least. It may be all you need. But if you ride they will wear thats just the nature of the beast and the way Polaris has set these up. Ironically the 800 rear diffs have a different setup and the inner cv is supported with a bearing so the splines dont wear and get loose.

P.S. a little research on this forum and you will find some threads about this exact issue with axle spline wear.

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
When I replied above, there was no video so my response must be considered with that in mind. I was trying to visualize what the OP was saying, exactly, and my answer was kind of general to try and help without knowing exactly what the concern was.

The rotational slop is normal.
I can see how the up and down wiggle ("this looks weird") could raise a concern, but I just went out and checked my XP 1000 which just had a front diff rebuild, and I have that same up and down wiggle. I can't check the rear right now because I have it up on stands so there's a little pressure holding the axles down.

I'm a little curious how much wiggle brand new vehicles on the showroom floor have. And on my next group ride I'll probably wiggle a few as well out of curiosity, if I remember.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Mine is a 18 with 350 miles and there is absolutely zero play in the rear axles in any direction. I agree with the aforementioned assessment of hiw to fix them but you must be som hard on your machine to do that in 1,000 miles. My old machine a 14 with 1600 miles had some play in the cv joints rotation but not the splines like that all over in every direction.

·
Registered
313 Posts
That looks normal to me as well. My 2013 570 had 5000 miles on it with the original CV's and had that much play in it as well. Never had an issue with them.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts